Fathom Playfield Swap - BEWARE

Well this warning was started in a different thread, so I am posting it
for all to see. I can't believe it hasn't been posted before, and I
could only find one reference to it through a Google search. The only
thing I can think is not many people have done the swap yet.

The repro playfields are about 1/16 thinner than the originals. There
are certain screws on the original playfield that will pop threw the
new playfield. I am not talking a large amount, but the point of the
screw will protrude. Out of dumb luck I check before it happened to me.
The screws are too long for leaf switches the mount directly to the
playfield (for instance at the out holes and ball trough) and possible
the screws that hold the wiring harness to the playfield. I am just
getting started, so there may be more. Make sure you check all the
screws before you attach them to your new playfield. It would be a
shame for you to screw it up (no pun intended), after waiting so long
to get these.

Good Luck!

Gerry
www.pinballpromos.com

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks Gerry! With my cabinet almost ready, I'll be moving on to get the
playfield done, and I certainly would be MAD to ruin it!!

Chris