Sign in with
Your question

Tomshardware should make General Hardware forum

Last response: in CPUs
January 27, 2005 3:56:55 PM

I think tomshardware should make a General Hardware forum instead of CPU, MEMORY, Motherboard and etc.

This way it will help people who post in those other forums to get quicker response and make these forums more popular.

==================================
<A HREF="http://www.clancas.net" target="_new">clan CHAOS</A>
<A HREF="http://www.daynighthosting.com" target="_new">DayNightHosting.com</A>
January 27, 2005 5:10:29 PM

I agree. Many threads pertain to topics that cross over several of the specific topic forums. For example, I had questions about a CPU, Motherboard and memory combination that wasn't specific to any one particular topic forum. It would've been a good "General" category thread.

Tim
January 27, 2005 6:25:01 PM

Not instead! General questions are usually delt with in either CPU or Motherboard forums, rather well.
A general forum would become too generic, some questions would be better answered by people who "live" in one forum.
Related resources
January 27, 2005 8:39:07 PM

No...let say that you have a problems with your optical drive. You start the post like this: I'm not sure if it is my motherboard or optical device, but ....

Or, with you RAM, your start like this: Maybe it is my motherboard that doesnt like my RAM ..

Or, with your HDD.. My motherboard has a SATA controller that may be broken... My hdd make strange noise and got a little corruption ..

See, anything can be posted in the motherboard section, so that is the general section!!!

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
January 27, 2005 10:08:08 PM

think tomshardware should make a General Hardware forum.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

That could really confuse a lot of people. You would start getting questions like, "What drill works best for masonry"? or "How do I wire a 3-pole switch"? What's the best paint? The stuff with "Intel inside" :lol: 

Abit IS7 - 3.0C @ 3.6ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot
January 27, 2005 10:14:33 PM

You dont wire "a" three pole switch. It takes 2 to make a switch. One of the screws on three poles is different (usually black) You just treat the "different" screwas as you would the screws on a regular switch. Then you connect the other screws to the other swich.
Like this power> . :====together====: .> light.
Simple right?
January 28, 2005 1:04:41 AM

Not another section...

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA
January 28, 2005 3:38:09 AM

I always thought the one down there should be called the dungeon. Once you go in its almost impossible to get out.

To save us both time, assume I know EVERYTHING :tongue:
January 28, 2005 4:37:24 AM

Well, there is as much bickering up here lately as there is down there.

January 28, 2005 5:36:09 AM

Who the h e double hockey sticks are you to complain about bickering, wanna fight about it?
January 28, 2005 6:44:15 AM

Post deleted by mozzartusm
January 28, 2005 11:16:37 AM

I suspect you've completely misjudged the tone of that one... :lol: 

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen
January 28, 2005 12:13:36 PM

Man do I feel stupid now! Im sorry.

January 28, 2005 12:17:08 PM

For anyone who saw the reply that is now deleted, I apologize for flying off the handle. It didnt even cross my mind that Endyen might be joking around.

January 28, 2005 1:40:21 PM

you made a mistake? what a loser!! ill fight you right now!!!!

this is my boomstick!
a b à CPUs
January 28, 2005 3:03:26 PM

LOL - if he would have jerked your leg any harder it would have come out of the socket.

"He who will not risk, cannot win"
- John Paul Jones
January 28, 2005 5:25:50 PM

You will have to get through me first.
January 28, 2005 10:13:09 PM

no problem, pip squeek

this is my boomstick!
January 28, 2005 10:42:45 PM

Can I come out of the hole I dug yet?

January 28, 2005 11:25:01 PM

Sure, come help me pound on jihiggs for a while. Grab some of wusy's popcorn on the way.
!