How to fix missing dvd drive in bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,I have a Pavilion dv9700,my DVD Drive is lighting up and can eject while booting up but not be seen and cannot eject when its already on.also doesnt show in Bios even in Boot options

Hello,I have a Pavilion dv9700,my DVD Drive is lighting up and can eject while booting up but not be seen and cannot eject when its already on.also doesnt show in Bios even in Boot options

Sounds like a broken connection in there somewhere, and hardly worth repairing while USB external DVD ROMS and writers are so inexpensive. Does Windows Device Manager have anything to say about it?

gallidorn

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009

I have the exact same problem with a Compaq Presario F750US laptop. I've reinstalled the bios, installed a replacement DVD drive and even tried removing the hard drive while booting into the bios, but still no dice.

Essentially my laptop is now worthless, because it doesn't have a CD-Rom or an option in the bios to boot from USB CD-ROM.

The only thing I can figure happened, is that a virus infected the firmware of the DVD Drive?

My next step will be to find a firmware for the DVD Drive and if that doesn't work... I will remove anything I can use as spare parts and throw it against the wall and then drive my car over whatever is left!!!

I will never buy HP/Compaq again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.