Anyone have the Auction results for Columbus, OH

Title says it all. Thank you to the people who take the time to share
this information.

Jeff
www.jeffpinball.com

BLACKTIGER

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005

I was there for a little while but left for the Springfield car show.
They had a minty MS Frankenstein. Went for $1200. Also, 2 LOTR that i
heard went around $3100 b4 the approx 20% fees w/taxes and a FIRE with
what looked like day 1 full PF mylar. Very nice looking game had 3/4
display out, heard it went close to $1k. Ohh yea, had a decent Gorgar
and a Monopoly

Had a TON of vids.

2 dedicated Omega races and 2 dedicaded Stargates. Auction went on
forever......

Zeke

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

I was there until about three. They were just getting going on the
vids. The only pinball that had been auctioned off at that point was
the CIrca 1933 I bought for $90. I think it'll make a great coffe
table. I also got a working Megatouch 6 for $40. And for those of you
as warped as myself, I bought a vendding machine I rember from
childhood, "The Chicken Machine." I need to plug it in and see if I can
get it working. With the double Wack-A-Mole we had arranged to buy
before the auction, the truck was full.

Zeke

For those of us that are new to all of this, what do those prices tell
us, are those good deals, great deals, avg. for auctions? I was at the
auction too, but am still on the learning curve, so I would appreciate
any input. As a newbie, I would say that the auction seemed to go on
forever!
Mark

BlackTiger wrote:
> I was there for a little while but left for the Springfield car show.
> They had a minty MS Frankenstein. Went for $1200. Also, 2 LOTR that i
> heard went around $3100 b4 the approx 20% fees w/taxes and a FIRE with
> what looked like day 1 full PF mylar. Very nice looking game had 3/4
> display out, heard it went close to $1k. Ohh yea, had a decent Gorgar
> and a Monopoly
>
> Had a TON of vids.
>
> 2 dedicated Omega races and 2 dedicaded Stargates. Auction went on
> forever......

Do you know for how much the monopoly sold? I am in the market for one
in the Philadelphia area.

Thank you.

Robert

Mr pinball sells a price guide that is a good resource to have on hand.
I found the prices at the Allentown show to be high for the quality of
the machines except for Dan at the Pinball Barn. I bought a Whirlwind
from Dan after the show, and could not be happier with the price, and
quality of the machine. A beet up TZ was going for over 3K at that
show.

Just food for thought.

Robert

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

The various books can help set a base value but probably the best thing you
can do is:

Never forget the 20% you have to add to the hammer price.

Apart from that, knowing the general values from the books and then being
able to evaluate the most important factor--condition--is what determines
the hammer price. If you don't do this and don't remember the 20%, you will
most likely overpay.

Otto

CARGPB11

"immark" <markmc@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> For those of us that are new to all of this, what do those prices tell
> us, are those good deals, great deals, avg. for auctions?

We have a few monopolys that will be sold in auction mid oct early
nov, in trenton nj area

Otto wrote:

Never forget the 20% you have to add to the hammer price.

There is no fee if you pay cash. At least thats how it's been at all
the USAA auctions in Columbus I'VE been to.

Regards,

Mark S.

www.wvpinball.com

Zeke

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

At the Columbus auction this time there was a 10% buyers fee for cash
and a 15% buyers fee for credit cards. My understanding was that is the
new policy.

Zeke

I stand corrected. Glad to hear you found the whack a mole you were
looking for.

Mark