URGENT Please help!!!!

Speedmuffin

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
NOTE:: all the drives are sata:: Ok So I originally had 1 hard drive with 2 partitions on it, one with vista and one with storage on it. But after running out of room I bought another hard drive and partitioned it as well so I could install windows 7 on it. I installed windows 7 while in windows vista, but once I had setup windows 7, I couldn't format the drive with windows vista on it, so I started looking around on how to uninstall it, I found a site that said to delete the bootmanager from windows vista, so I proceeded to do this using command prompt to force delete it. Then after this didn't work I used diskpart in CMD to remove the boot option for windows vista and attempted to format that particular partition. OK now for the problem, After those previous options didn't work I proceeded to try the method listed on this website http://jsbi.blogspot.com/2007/04/how-to-easily-uninstall-windows-vista.html Now after doing this I removed the disk and proceeded to restart and now when it tries to boot it comes up with "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!

You have Vista on Hard Drive 0 which has 2 partitions.

You have MOST OF Win 7 on Hard Drive 1 which you also partitioned.

The boot files NECESSARY for Win7 TO START reside in the exact same place as they do for Vista. If you want to install All of Windows 7 on a second HD you have to disconnect the first HD before beginning the install.

The boot files for windows 7 are on the same disk as those for vista so by deleting the Vista installation you have damaged these files. However it is easy to repair the MBR for Windows 7.
• Step 1
Insert Win 7 installation DVD and boot from DVD drive. While in some older systems you may have to change boot order through system BIOS, most newer systems allow booting from DVD without changing boot order by simply clicking on any key when prompted to doing so.
• Step 2
Choose your default "Language", "Time", and "keyboard Input" on the first window and click next.
• Step 3
You're now presented with 3 choices. Click on "Repair Your Computer" to gain access to the System Recovery window. Now choose "Command Prompt" in order to run the desired utility which is called "bootsect.exe". Bootsect is located inside the boot folder so change your directory to boot. Now run "bootsect /nt60 D:\" if you had Win 7 initially installed in the D partition. Alternatively, you can run "bootsect /nt60 SYS" or "bootsect /nt60 ALL" to repair the system partition or all partitions. Eject the DVD, and restart computer. Your computer should now boot Win 7 again.
You will then have to change your BIOS to boot from the D: drive.