TZ pf repair question

Hi folks,

have a problem with the left spiral orbit lane of my newly purchased
TZ. Some schmo anchored the bridge diverter solinoid under the board
using 3/4" screws. so I had two cracks with screw heads poking
through the field.

It was causing balls to go airborne up to the top of the pf by the
gumball machine.

i replaced with proper 1/2" screws, but now there are two small pop
marks on the pf under the bridge diverter.

what can I put down on or do to this over this area to smooth it out?
since it's under the diverter, thankfully, it's not very noticable.

thanks!

Agree, this kind of supidity is rampant, and manufacturers should
recognize this and do something about it, like change the "Don't use
drugs" message whenever the coin door is opened to, "Don't use
playfield screws that are longer than the thickness of the playfield."
Plus stickers can be applied to the underside of the playfield with the
same (or similar) message. "Warning this playfield, while raised, is
still the bottom of the top of the playfield, and anything you screw in
here could poke through to the other side, which is really the top side
once the playfiild is lowered."

Fixing these goof ups has been addressed on RGP before, check Google
for ideas that you feel comfortable with. I pressed it down and
painted, then covered with new mylar. A royal pain, but necessary.

martin

I am unskilled at wood repairs, but this is what i would do (remember:
unskilled).

1) Put a tiny dollop of epoxy putty into the divot.
2) Push the playfield divots down with a flat object until level.
3) Wipe to smooth with a wet finger
4) Remove any smears around the repair
5) Put a little mylar patch over it.

I might also put a speck of paint onto the epoxy to try to hide it a
bit. It will look a little better, depending on your skills.

Paul

Splendid

Actually i have the same problem with my Tz - As far as i can see the
whole of the PF is in excellent condition, however some dick decided to
put 3/4 " screws in the base of something around the rocket ship,
leaving me with two smallish holes in the top of the Pf right where the
rocket is - but now i know they are there they are painfully obvious
holes and breaks in the PF paintwork.

Once i finish the cab rebuild/repaint i'm gonna see if i can ship to the
US (as afaik there's no-one in the uk that does it) to see if i can get
it fixed and then clear coated.

Not irreperable, but Damn annoying :(

Paul