How do I remove MSN Game Zone?

Using IBM DeskTop Computer w/WinXP Pro and apparently was "gifted" with
an install of MSN Gaming Zone. Can find NO Way to take this program off
my computer - but have no intention of doing any Internet Gaming.
Trying the "program removal" instructions on the computer does not work.
I don't want to just erase (even if I can) the Gaming Zone Files, I
want to REMOVE the program from my computer. Have both Netscape
(preferred) and Internet Explorer installed (because of a couple of
interactive programs that only work through IE. So would like to keep
IE - but do want to totally eliminate the GamingZone - basically I don't
want my grandchildren to sign on that that area, if they should run
across it on the computer. Help!!! Molin Vardo

Molin Vardo wrote:

> Using IBM DeskTop Computer w/WinXP Pro and apparently was "gifted" with
> an install of MSN Gaming Zone. Can find NO Way to take this program off
> my computer - but have no intention of doing any Internet Gaming.
> Trying the "program removal" instructions on the computer does not work.
> I don't want to just erase (even if I can) the Gaming Zone Files, I
> want to REMOVE the program from my computer. Have both Netscape
> (preferred) and Internet Explorer installed (because of a couple of
> interactive programs that only work through IE. So would like to keep
> IE - but do want to totally eliminate the GamingZone - basically I don't
> want my grandchildren to sign on that that area, if they should run
> across it on the computer. Help!!! Molin Vardo

Open Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, click the Windows Components
link in the left column, find the Zone software and deselect it.

You could also block zone.com and zone.msn.com access within the new XP
firewall. That would prevent entering the Zone and installing that way.

--

+Elmo_Tech