Problems to create a security copy of my system

fvargase

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Hello eveybody
How are you?

Well, I hope that you can help me with this problem.

I am trying to update my OS. I am actually using win7 home premium on a dell studio 1558 that I bought on march of 2010. On my experience with windows, with all the updates and many other things that happen over time, the computer becomes slower and slower. I read somewhere that if you reinstall you OS it helps a little bit to recover some speed.
So I am trying to do that, actually, what I am really trying to do is to update my OS to a win7 pro version or a win8 pro since I have the license for this two OS.
But I am having problems to create a security copy and an image of the system. For some reason it sends me an error message with code 0x80070070 telling me that I do not have enough space for the copy on my hard drive. I actually clean the HD and I got like 176GB of free space, also I am using a new external HD that has 1TB of free space.
And this problem also does not allow me to create any restauration point.

Thank you very much in advance and have an excellent week.

fvargase

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

I already tried. But anytime upgrade trys the backup first. And because It can not do it, the upgrade does not continue.
It sends me the message telling me that I do not have enough space. but I have 172GB of free space, it is more than a half of total that is of 320GB

fvargase

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

The problem that I have now is that every time that the scan begins and completes almost 80% my computer shut downs, so because the scan does not finish I do not know how to fix my problem with the backup and I have a bigger problem now. Actually, it turns off randomly each time I try to run some diagnostic using the BIOS.

Please help :S

fvargase

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

Well, thank you very much. it is not going to be possible to try the system restore, I do not know for how long I habe been with the problem of not being able to do a back up, the problem also includes not been able to create restore points. when I try to create one, the same error message appears (with code 0x80070070).

Thank you very much and have a nice week.