Solved

Acer eManagement Windows Install Problem

Hi All.

I'm currently trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 on my brother's Acer Extensa 4230. It came preinstalled with Vista basic.

So after installing windows (first formatting the C: drive in windows setup), when the laptop boots up it does not go into windows but rather into the "Acer eRecovery Management". the three options are: restore system from factory default...restore system from user's backup....and exit.

The first 2 are greyed out, so i can only EXIT. when i try repairing through the windows installation cd, nothing works.

I noticed when installing windows however that there is a partition particularly for the acer backup (PQSERVICE), i think thats just standard stuff on acer laptops. will my problem be fixed if i delete that partition (PQSERVICE) meant for acer backup? I have stuff on my other partition (d:data) that is VERY important, so need to make sure whatever i do stuff in there does not disappear. many thanks!

-silentfoot
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about acer emanagement windows install problem
  1. Best answer
    If you do not mind deleting the partition, it should fix the issue. While you're at it, you might as well merge the two for a bit of added space.
  2. Best answer selected by silentfoot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Clean Install Laptops