Sign in with
Your question

Extreamly Laggy Microsoft Desktop 5000

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 27, 2011 2:54:57 AM

Hi Everyone,
I just picked up a Microsoft comfort Desktop 5000 Keyboard and mouse at staples. For Browsing the internet and other tasks it works fine, but I tried playing Skyrim and experienced a ton of lag/ keys not working. Has anyopne else had experiences with this and is there a way to correct this problem? Is there another wireless keyboard that would work for games (not looking for something for hardcore online gaming so it doesn't have to be the best just make games like Skyrim playable). I am using windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Nick
November 28, 2011 7:40:03 PM

What are your full system specs? Does a regular USB keyboard work OK?
Have you tried new batteries?
m
l
November 29, 2011 12:49:48 AM

Thanks for the response. My regular keyboard works great, its its a cheap wired one but works fine all the time. My system specs are 2500k i5, sapphire dirt 3 6950, 8gb ram, and asrock z68 extreme 3 motherboard. My g700 Logitech mouse works perfectly wireless. The batteries are new
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2011 3:22:46 PM

Just get another wired keyboard, there is a reason they make a ton of wireless mice, but most good keyboards are wired.

I wanted the specs to make sure you were not trying to run the game on an old computer which is where the slowness may have been from.
m
l
November 24, 2012 7:52:25 PM

naf5058 said:
Hi Everyone,
[...] I tried playing Skyrim and experienced a ton of lag/ keys not working. Has anyone else had experiences with this and is there a way to correct this problem? Is there another wireless keyboard that would work for games [...]. I am using windows 7 [...].

Thanks,
Nick

I truncated the question to provide my experience on your specific questions.

I bought the same keyboard from Best Buy and had the same experience playing Dota2 (great game!!). I am also using Windows7 (a Sony Vaio laptop). I will try to see if there's a Win7 64bit vs 32bit driver problem, but regardless I will return it because a) I didn't need the additional mouse and b) i don't actually need another wireless peripheral.

Looks like the Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 is a good wired alternative. I'll return the 5000 and get that one (found it online, sorry retailers).
m
l
!