READ THE FRIGGIN STICKYS!

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Im about to get to the point that if these new people cant take the time to get the very basics down by reading the Stickys then im going to quit wasting my time answering all these repeated questions. Is it just me or have some of you noticed that here lately it seems like the double tripple posting has increased? Alot of people are posting the same questions in 2 or 3 sections. Who knows how many different forums. When you get so many different opinoins at one time then it doesnt do anything except create confusion. I think that we do a good job as a team, but these new people need to help out by reading the stickys.

To save us both time, assume I know EVERYTHING :tongue:

pat

Expert
Welcome in the "bad attitude" camp!!!

I effectively noted that newbies become more and more lazy, and than why they have so many problem. Hey, if they dont bother to go thru 4-5 page in this thread, do you really think they will read their manual? I know I'm a bit rude sometime, but someone has to pay for the other from time to time ...

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

ok :eek: .

I love your outbursts :lol:

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
You could just post. <b>"Please read the guide on the first line."</b>. Make a .txt file of handy instructions and insults.

You could ignore them.

You could also give them totally irrelevant advice.. Like .. it'll be a cold day in hell b4 I answer this one...hehe (I've seen some of the people getting a little testy at times hehe)

You are volunteering, u don't have to do anything you don't want to. If you're being paid to answer questions then please tell me cause I'd like to be paid too. :smile: LOL

P.S. It is annoying; especially if you care.

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 02/06/05 04:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Yes, im sure you do :smile: I am wound way to tight. If I dont properly vent my frustration I run the risk of blowing a gasket :eek:

lol.

Actually, I quite agree with what Flinx posted.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
If you're being paid to answer questions then please tell me cause I'd like to be paid too. LOL
Of course im getting paid :eek: You dont? Just PM Freddie and tell him to put you on the payroll :wink:

P.S. It is annoying; especially if you care.
I care, if I didnt it wouldnt upset me. I have been guilty of doing the same thing, probably will again. Lately it has really gotten out of hand. Ive seen some of the same posters ask the same exact questions on other forums. Most of the time it boils down to asking until someone tells them what they want to hear instead of the facts.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Actually im taking up your slack :wink:

Your flaming has almost completely stopped. Oh and BTW, in case you didnt know this it is 100% your fault that I have these outburst. The first reply that I got from this forum was from you, and it sent my blood pressure into a distant galaxy :lol: I told you that I wanted to be just like you when I grow up.

LOL! I can't remember. Any idea what section the post was in...I want to find it!

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
No, ive been looking myself. Ill find it eventually. All I remember is that my reply was something about you needing to be on some sort of Anxiety medication :lol:

I still consider myself a noob - but at least I read the FAQs, research and try to exhaust all of my knowledge before I throw the question out there. I can't say how many times I've responded to the same question from a different person over the past couple of weeks. I'm just going to start posting links to recent threads where the answer has been discussed and to the FAQS.

"He who will not risk, cannot win"
- John Paul Jones

Bwhahaahahahah!

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
How do you change your sig? How do you add colour? How do you add graphics? What's a clicky? What's a sticky? What is blah blah blah...how do you blah blah blah?

I just had to do it. Join me for some intraveneous caffeine Moz, we'll napalm the noobs at a later date.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Postings are generally pretty dumb. In the CPU forum it's either Intel vs. AMD or 'Rate my rig'. The first question has been done to death and is totally boring and anyone with an ounce of sense can find out what will suit them best, the second - probably just fantasy anyway. I'm sure the same is true for the Graphics card form and I know sure as hell its the same in the Hard disk forum so ah heck 'em I say. Ignore the dumb questions and only read the interesting posts. Who has time to look through everything anyway?

endyen

Splendid
I like the repeat questions. It gives the newer guys a chance to practice what they have learned. Sure, if Crshman had to answer all of them, he would hate it. I think he likes it when he sees one of his answers spewing from another persons keyboard. Saves his fingers.

BlackWolf

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2004
Thank goodness, finally found a busy thread to ask some questions on. I would read up on some basic info but there is no point if all you guys are around to answer some questions. I have a computer currently that I surf with and do word processing. It does everything I need, but I think I should upgrade cause it would make me cool. Now I don't know much, but I certainly have some preconceptions. The computer I am using is a pentium 75, now the thing I don't get is everyone talking about p4's. If I have a 75, shouldn't this be like 20 times better than a p4??? Or what about these A64's, shouldn't my comp be like 15% better??? On top of that I have EDO ram, since that starts with an E and DDR starts with a D, shouldn't my existing memory be better? I realise that the DDR is bigger in size, but the EDO(I assume is made in Japan so must be better than Korean made memory) costs way more for less, therefore it should be better. I have a rage 128 card, which certainly sounds better than geforce or ATI, so would that not make it superior? On top of that I am using windows 3.1, and this designation means something to me, can something called xp actually be any good?
But for the sake of being cool I though that I might do an upgrade and wondered if you could tell me if I am choosing ok parts.
Processor a64 4000
M/b something sly (sounds cool to me)
Grfx 2 x 6800 ultras (can I put in 2 m/b's and 4 grfx cards?)
Memory 2 gb ballistix
PSU 680w ocz (will I need more than one?)
case lian li v1200
generic mouse, k/b, etc. Hmmm and perhaps a 46" plasma screen.
Main questions. (1) Do you think that I will gain any sort of performance increase?!?!? (2) Does this system sound ok for the apps I need to run. (3) I wonder if it can be as good as my current system be cause it will cost the same as what I paid 10 years ago, and you know how prices have gone up. Oh well, any advice would be great. Thanks.

I know what I'm doing, I never lose. Can I borrow $5.