Runtime error!

quantamsoul

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Hello, sometimes when my computer starts i get a pop up screen that says,
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information". With something about C+++ runtime error. Usually basic things won't load such as antivirus's, skype, and my wifi icon does not say i'm connected but I am. Only after the error message pops up and i close it that everything becomes fine. What is the problem?

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Looks like there is a program, at start up, that is causing the problem.

To diagnose which start up program it is, go to Start, in the search at the bottom type "msconfig" and hit Enter.
When MSConfig loads up, go to the Startup Tab, at the top, and start by checking off half of the tick boxes. Go back to the General Tab and select "Selective Startup". Hit Apply then OK. Restart the machine and see if the error occurs. If it doesn't, then you know that one of the uncheck programs is causing the problem. If it still exists, you know that the problem is in the half that are still checked. Keep doing this, eliminating half of the options each time until you narrow it down to one, then you will know what startup application is causing the problem. You can either leave the tick box unchecked and leave Selective Startup on (last option) or try and delete the progam from "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel and reinstall if you wish. When you have eliminated the fault program, return to msconfig and select Normal Startup and reboot. Hope this helps.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
That is the print spooler service, you can try to disable it in the services applet. (Start -> services.msc in search bar). Find Print Spooler in the list and right-click, go to Properties. Where it says Automatic, change to disable. Restart the PC, check for the error, then try to start the service again. Restart again to see if it occurs. Might have to install the print spooler again.

Check the second post here for how to do that.
How to reinstall print spooler service