web admin is working!

I just flashed the latest firmware for the MN-700.
But now, when I type in my ip address, I get the admin
tool in my browser. Before the update it would try to
load the page then fail "page cannot be displayed" error.

I don't want to or will I ever need to access my router
configuration from outside my network.
How can I fix this?

Thanks guys

I dont know what you mean by "my IP address" but I am guessing you mean your
external WAN IP address and that the router is responding to admin requests
on the Internet side (a very bad idea). You should go to the configuration
page(s) for the router - from the inside of your network, and disable remote
administration (turn it off).
HTH

"OvenMitt" <ovenmitt@phat1.com> wrote in message
> I just flashed the latest firmware for the MN-700.
> But now, when I type in my ip address, I get the admin
> tool in my browser. Before the update it would try to
> load the page then fail "page cannot be displayed" error.
>
> I don't want to or will I ever need to access my router
> configuration from outside my network.
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks guys

Well,
Yes that is correct.
And have tried that, but I can not find anything in there
concerning this type of access. I might also add this has
only been a problem since I updated the firmware.
This is the MN-700 with the latest firmware.

That's an implication of loopback support.

You won't be able to access it from the Internet. Did you actually try from
OUTSIDE your network?

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"OvenMitt" <ovenmitt@phat1.com> wrote in message
>I just flashed the latest firmware for the MN-700.
> But now, when I type in my ip address, I get the admin
> tool in my browser. Before the update it would try to
> load the page then fail "page cannot be displayed" error.
>
> I don't want to or will I ever need to access my router
> configuration from outside my network.
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks guys

joker

The MN-700 doesn't support having you configure it remotely. That would
be a security issue & the MN-700 is marketed to people who don't know
enough so Microsoft just followed KISS.

OvenMitt wrote:

> Well,
> Yes that is correct.
> And have tried that, but I can not find anything in there
> concerning this type of access. I might also add this has
> only been a problem since I updated the firmware.
> This is the MN-700 with the latest firmware.

No I have not tried yet. But when I enter my WAN ip in my
browser, it brings me to the admin login for the router.

Ouch. Mea Culpa. I guess I was dreaming. My other routers have this feature,
but I realize that the MN700 does not. Sorry.

"Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
> The MN-700 doesn't support having you configure it remotely. That would
> be a security issue & the MN-700 is marketed to people who don't know
> enough so Microsoft just followed KISS.
>
> OvenMitt wrote:
>
> > Well,
> > Yes that is correct.
> > And have tried that, but I can not find anything in there
> > concerning this type of access. I might also add this has
> > only been a problem since I updated the firmware.
> > This is the MN-700 with the latest firmware.

TRENDING THREADS