Refurbished ink

Hazel0017

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Hello,

i have a cannon inkjet printer that is a few years old, i bought some refurbished ink in may. when i replaced it i reset the ink but it kept coming up ink is low on both. it has printed fine until today. i tried to print a receipt that had color in it and it said that my ink was out. i wonder if my ink really is out? should i buy more refurbished ink or just by a new printer? i know someone said that laser was better?

Couple of issues here, re-filled or 3rd party cartridges tend not to be seen by the printer properly so you will see a low ink warning even when they are full. The other issue is that the ones you got could just be poor in quality. May is a pretty long time ago, you could easily be out of ink again. If the ones you got worked for a while, get the same brand and replace the old ones.

If you get OEM cannon ink, it will work as it should. If you get the same 3rd party brand, it will do the same thing, not detect it. Will still print though unless the printer decided that the ink is too low to print at all, and won't do anything till it sees a real cartridge installed.