Windows 7 Installation Issues

Wooticus

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Hello all,

I recently picked up my friend's HP G72-253NR Notebook to figure out why it was running so poorly, and he told me to go ahead and reformat, so I did. So here what's happened so far:

When installing Windows 7, at a random time during "Expanding WIndows files" anywhere between 0 and 100%, I get an error saying that files may damaged or corrupt with an error code of 0x80070570. After doing some research I got a lot of little ideas, but eventually I tried Formatting the System Recovery drive, and installed just fine. This becomes relevant later...

After the install finishes, Windows 7 reboots and takes to me what should be the setup screen for your Username and whatnot, but instead I have a black screen with a mouse cursor. Understand unlike many others who have reported this, I DO NOT have access to the Task Manager via Ctrl+Alt+Del...

So I finally gave up trying to fix that issue and instead tried to reinstall Windows 7 again, and once again I'm getting the 0x80070570 error code. I'm running out of ideas here, folks.

Thanks in advance,
Cody F

Wooticus

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks Brett,

So I tried running the hard disk test, it ran the short test no problem, but he long test has been stuck at 1% complete with an ETA of 116 minutes for almost an hour now...

I'm assuming it's safe to say the hard drive is shot?

Thanks,
Cody F

yes ...lol

Wooticus

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for confirming my suspicion, wanted to be sure I had eliminated all possible causes before I told my buddy it's shot.

Mods can mark this as solved if they'd like, not sure how you guys do it on here.

Thanks,
Cody F