Sign in with
Your question

Temperatures of GPU & CPU

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 28, 2011 4:04:14 PM

Hi Friends,

I have recently bought Cooler master Hyper 212 Evo cooler ,AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE & XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB XXX Edition. Please give your opinions on the temperature i have recorded using AIDA64 Extreme edition software on my Logitech G15 Keyboard. Please look at the below ratings

When Idle
CPU Temperature: 35-37 degree
GPU Temperature: 45-52 degree

Under Load

CPU Temperature: 45-46 degree (Constant)
GPU Temperature: 72-79 degree

Is the above range of temperature Normal? I live in India An My System Specifications are as follows

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB XXX Edition
Motherboard: Asus M4A78T-E
Cabinet: NZXT Tempest
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

More about : temperatures gpu cpu

a b à CPUs
November 28, 2011 6:06:36 PM

Looks normal to be, are you having any issues with the PC crashing or just curious?

You can find the exact operating temperatures for your chips on the vendor's web page also, will tell you exactly what the max temp is for the chips. You look to be well within that range though even without me looking it up for you.
November 29, 2011 12:09:36 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Looks normal to be, are you having any issues with the PC crashing or just curious?

You can find the exact operating temperatures for your chips on the vendor's web page also, will tell you exactly what the max temp is for the chips. You look to be well within that range though even without me looking it up for you.

Thanks mate....No so far so good and i am not having any issues. Its been 3 days only since i purchased that graphics card....But software i mentioned AIDA64 Extreme edition good enough to monitor? Previously i had Everest its the same with different name and company....:) ...I have tested Call Of Duty MW3 for 1.15 hrs and Rage on this card and haven't had any issues...
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 29, 2011 3:26:17 PM

I don't use any type of monitoring, you can easily try both programs and see if they get the same data.
April 12, 2012 2:19:34 PM

If you are over clocking remember to set you GPU fan speed in you catalyst Control Center.

bare in mind your pc is pushing thru alot more info and your grapixs is now your bottle neck.

I had the same problem. under load running around 60 with fan speed at 65 %
!