The Consequence of Waking Up a Sleeping Giant

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Good <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2329" target="_new">read</A> if your into the Intel universe.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
If that's all they have then I feel that AMD is going to continue to make inroads on Intel market share.

The loving are the daring!

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
How so everything is being pushed forward, release dates are being broken I don't see what you are talking about.

As well what marginal % that AMD has taken is not considered a inroad of any sorts.

Xeon

<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
I read that a few days ago. I have a hard time beleivng that at the end of the day Intel will not turn this around. Of course I really dont think that they are in near the quandry that some people would like to think that they are in. Time will tell, but my money says that its only a matter of time before they come out with their guns blazing.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

dhlucke

Polypheme
Back and forth, back and forth.

A64 today, who knows tommorrow...

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Thats right! Im all for it, without the competition things would get pretty stagnant.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
I'll quote directly from the article
The 3.73GHz Pentium 4 EE will show up real soon, if that's your thing, and it will become the second processor to support 1066FSB. We haven't been real impressed with the 1066FSB launch thus far, and a 300MHz bump in clock speed doesn't strike us as something that will revolutionize the performance desktop anytime soon either. However, keep in mind this new P4EE is very different from the previous 3.46GHz revision, and with a different core we may see a very different performance curve on the 1066MHz front side bus. The rest of the Intel roadmap neglects to mention any other 1066FSB processors, including the dual core behemoths, so the technology is either a little bit ahead of its time or simply a temporary dead end.
Couple weeks ago AMD & IBM announced a new technology that is being fitted into the AMD production facilities that should allow about a 25% increase in speed in processors.

This is besides whatever other speed increases AMD has in the works. I expect AMD to keep their capacity used. They'll up their speeds to stay ahead and keep eroding Intel market share.

Intel is announcing early.. It may be that they have anxious executives. It is not their normal mode of operation. Hopefully, for them, its not just marketing hype.
They could be trying to forestall people purchasing AMD by
moving up their release dates. Then it turns out to be vapour. You see behaviour like this all the time from other companies.

Anyway, Intel is in bed with DELL from what I can see. They won't suffer too badly on sales. AMD needs to make major inroads to the corporate environment if they
want to gain large market chunks.

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 02/12/05 00:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Well put.

Xeon

Latest posts