competitive rooms not working

mark

As of yesterday, I can no longer get into any competitive rooms on this PC
(I can on my other PC)..
When I get to the point where I have to"sign in or register now" and click
it, It goes through some gyrations (like its downloading something) and
then boom, I am back at the page asking me to "sign in or register
now"......
I can't get past that point.
I even tried making a new passport name...no help
The windows XP firewall is turned off... Zone alarm is turned off......

Everything was fine up to yesterday, I logged on and got a message that the
zone was experiencing problems......
I still cannot get on.
I get no error messages, just wont take me to the correct page.....
I reset the security to min.. added *://*.msn.com and http://zone.msn.com
into the trusted sites zone, still no good..
I even went so far as to do a system restore to a week ago when everything
was fine, so the registry doesn't seem to be the issue... still no go...
If it gave me an error, I might be able to get a clue...
If the site worked with Firefox, it would not be a problem..
any help to be had? or do I just need to go to a different site (Yahoo)

mark wrote:

> As of yesterday, I can no longer get into any competitive rooms on this PC
> (I can on my other PC)..
> When I get to the point where I have to"sign in or register now" and click
> it, It goes through some gyrations (like its downloading something) and
> then boom, I am back at the page asking me to "sign in or register
> now"......
> I can't get past that point.
> I even tried making a new passport name...no help
> The windows XP firewall is turned off... Zone alarm is turned off......
>
> Everything was fine up to yesterday, I logged on and got a message that the
> zone was experiencing problems......
> I still cannot get on.
> I get no error messages, just wont take me to the correct page.....
> I reset the security to min.. added *://*.msn.com and http://zone.msn.com
> into the trusted sites zone, still no good..
> I even went so far as to do a system restore to a week ago when everything
> was fine, so the registry doesn't seem to be the issue... still no go...
> If it gave me an error, I might be able to get a clue...
> If the site worked with Firefox, it would not be a problem..
> any help to be had? or do I just need to go to a different site (Yahoo)

Are you blocking cookies? That might prevent you from logging in. Also
set the browser to check for new documents "Every Time". If the page is
being cached, you won't see the new page.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:20:11 -0500, "mark"
<mark@(SPAM)network-able.com> wrote:

>As of yesterday, I can no longer get into any competitive rooms on this PC
>(I can on my other PC)..
>When I get to the point where I have to"sign in or register now" and click
>it, It goes through some gyrations (like its downloading something) and
>then boom, I am back at the page asking me to "sign in or register
>now"......
>I can't get past that point.
>I even tried making a new passport name...no help
>The windows XP firewall is turned off... Zone alarm is turned off......
>
>Everything was fine up to yesterday, I logged on and got a message that the
>zone was experiencing problems......
>I still cannot get on.
>I get no error messages, just wont take me to the correct page.....
>I reset the security to min.. added *://*.msn.com and http://zone.msn.com
>into the trusted sites zone, still no good..
>I even went so far as to do a system restore to a week ago when everything
>was fine, so the registry doesn't seem to be the issue... still no go...
>If it gave me an error, I might be able to get a clue...
>If the site worked with Firefox, it would not be a problem..
>any help to be had? or do I just need to go to a different site (Yahoo)

well i have been having similar problems ..then followed instructions
on http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/signin.html

succesful sign in each time .. however i have to empty temperoray
internet files every time before sign in .