Sign in with
Your question

Is free unthreat anti virus any good ?

Last response: in Windows 7
December 18, 2012 5:47:00 AM

I disocvered a new free antivirus. Considering I also will have malwairebytes antimalwaire installed, is it a good free anti virus?how does it compare to avast, m.s.e. and the other famous free ones?
if not, what are good free antiviruses?
December 18, 2012 6:11:37 AM

Avast
m
l
December 18, 2012 6:15:53 AM

+1 to Avast.
Even Microsoft Security Essentials is not too bad.
m
l
Related resources
December 24, 2012 7:20:46 AM

Yeah! I'm using Unthreat and I really like it. They just released a new 2013 version and it works really well, it doesn't slow down my computer and there was no sign of a virus since I downloaded it. You should try it!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 24, 2012 8:06:48 PM

Wow.

You need to post the same basic question 7 times?

If you are looking for different answers then try another forum.

Otherwise for peace of mind just buy a full blown retail anti-virus program. Which one? Avast!.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 5, 2013 1:33:44 PM

sskeleton10 said:
I disocvered a new free antivirus. Considering I also will have malwairebytes antimalwaire installed, is it a good free anti virus?how does it compare to avast, m.s.e. and the other famous free ones?
if not, what are good free antiviruses?

I had to fix a computer just yesterday that was running UnThreat antivirus. I'm in the Tech world for close to 30 years, and never heard of UnThreat before. It missed 9 trojans. Microsoft Security Essentials caught and killed them all.

It is best to stick to the well known antivirus programs, as there are so many programs out there that pose as antivirus programs, but are actually virus/trojan/backdoor programs.

A good source when looking for free software is techsupportalert.com The volunteers there does a good job at evaluating free software, ranking them from good to bad, giving their pros and cons, etc.
m
l
!