possibly FS: Funhouse -- So I'm fishing

I've got a pretty decent Funhouse. But let's get this straight... it's
not a collectors piece. There's nothing so wrong with it that it
couldn't be, but right now, it is what it is.

Issues: The game works great. To the best of my knowledge, the only
switches that don't work are the two optos (steps ramp and Rudy hit)
Playfield has a few small areas of wear (subway kickout and steps ramp
drop) Rudy is nearly complete. I'm missing one part and have lots of
extra parts, but currently, he is gutted out and only his jaw is
assembled right now. Steps ramp could stand to be replaced but is
playable. Lamp shade assy is missing. Cabinet is faded (surprise!)

Playfield has been mylared and mylar is in pretty good shape. Color is
good under the mylar also. Lower flippers have been rebuilt. Game is
not shopped and I can take plenty of good pictures if someone wants
them.

I'm ready to start buying parts for the machine, but before I do,
thought I'd see if anyone else would rather tackle this project.
Shouldn't take much work to make this a pretty nice machine. But I've
got plenty of other projects and I was hoping FH would grow on me more
than it did. Wife said she'd like to have it (and that's a free pass
into my collection) but in 9 months, she's played it only once.

I'm not necessarily looking to sell outright unless the money is right,
I'm more interested in trades right now for newer machines. Newer
projects are ok, but I'm not looking for any basketcases! unless it's
a basket case MM! :)

I'm not putting a value on it right now. (I said I was fishing didn't
I?) Just trying to decide if I want to go ahead and buy the parts to
shop it out.

I'm in Kansas City and willing to drive a couple hours in any direction
to meet you if you're too far away.

MitchelWB

jdix

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005

Put a FS post on here for $3500. It seems like everyday people try to
sell blown out Funhouses for $3K latley. Or they offer to trade it for
a CV, AFM, etc. What a joke. A mint Funhouse isn't even worth $3K let
alone a worn playfield, faded cabinet, half way working example like
most are. Prices are getting outrageous, but this game is maybe the
worst of them all. People need to get a clue. It is fun, but they
made a million of them and they are old. However, I guess they are
worth what fools will pay . . . .

I promise I'm not looking to trade it for CV, AFM, or sell it for
$3500. That said, if that's what someone wants to trade me for it, I
ain't gonna turn them down! I know I mentioned MM, but that was just a
joke.

For ideas of pins that I'd be interested in as trade for this FH:

No Fear
White Water
Rocky and Bullwinkle
BS Drac
Safe Cracker (Ok, so I gotta throw at least one long shot in there)

Of course, depending on the condition of any of these titles, some
money may have to change hands also, but I'm not looking to get rich
off this machine. Like I said, it's a decent machine with some decent
potential, I just don't really feel like doing the work on it because
it's just not a game that I've got much love for.

MitchelWB

jdix

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005

Good to see you are reasonable. I expect you should be able to trade
it fairly easy for those titles (with the exception of SC). Or at
least sell it for around what they are worth.

MitchelWB wrote:
> ok, pictures posted.
>
> Upon taking pictures of thie thing, I think it's mostly just dirty. A
> couple hundred in parts and a days work and this thing would be pretty
> nice. If no one is interested in it, I'll just go ahead and shop it
> out...
>
> http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/bigdaddyebay/?dir=Funhouse
>
> MitchelWB

Pretty nice PF. Yes, filthy ramps but if you cleaned those up I bet
you'd do OK on ebay if you decided to go that route.

If F*H hasn't hooked you by now, it probably won't - pretty shallow
play. Rudy and his comments and bashing him with the ball are the main
attractions and it doesn't sound like they grabbed you like they did me
and so many others. Oh well, can't like 'em all.

And thanks for this pic -
http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/bigdaddyebay/Funhouse/Extra_Rudy_Parts1.JPG
- I think I'm gonna have nightmares over that one!

-- Jim (C*V, F*H, WH2@)

if you think those ramps are filty, you should see the subway! But
it's all just dirt. I think it's going to clean up pretty nice.

I've gotten a lot of interest in it, but nothing that's panned out yet.
I've had some pretty fair offers, but either they're too far away, or
just not titles that I'm interested in.

I'm kinda figureing that if I don't find a trade by the end of the
week, I'll go ahead and order up parts and dive in. maybe even take it
to the TX pinball festival.

MitchelWB

JDix wrote:

> Put a FS post on here for $3500. It seems like everyday people try to
> sell blown out Funhouses for $3K latley.

Why not suggest he put it on eBay if you believe the more informed
collectors don't see true value in the game?

> Or they offer to trade it for a CV, AFM, etc. What a joke.

I guess that answers the above question since a trade isn't eBay
workable but, then again, assuming your comment is valid it would
appear that offering a trade here on the rgp for more valuable machines
which make a joke out of that offer to trade, would make that post a
waste of time.

> A mint Funhouse isn't even worth $3K
Maybe you should be glad it is me who is responding to this comment and
not Koz, who might have something to say about that, since he plans to
offer his super mint one for $12,500... and you know he isn't quite as
reserved in his responses as I try to be.

> let alone a worn playfield, faded cabinet, half way working example
> like most are.

Isn't that the point? If most are worn, faded, half way working,
doesn't that make the mint ones rare and doesn't that affect collector
value?

> Prices are getting outrageous, but this game is maybe the
> worst of them all.

I assume you mean worst of all in terms of price. Glad you said "maybe"
because, actually, Cactus Canyon appears to be the worst of them all in
terms of the highest price paid for a game. At least as far as the rgp
postings reflect. The highest FH price made public was $9,000.00 (plus
$500.00 for shipping from Germany to the U.S.) about six months ago, as
compared to the price Cactus Canyon brought on a recent eBay sale about
two months ago (to a different buyer), which was $12,500.00 as also
made public on this news group.

> People need to get a clue. It is fun, but they
> made a million of them and they are old.

Actually, 10,750, but compared to the 903 CC made your point is also
made and has some validity.

> However, I guess they are worth what fools will pay . . . .

And not even an "IMO" much less an "IMHO" to go with this last remark?
Branding a person a fool for having an opinion which conflicts with
yours or for paying more than fair market value to get an item that is
not readily available doesn't make them a fool... IMHO

Bob

Last Call

I am ordering parts tomorrow unless somebody comes up with something
quick.

MitchelWB