No NASCAR at NASCAR?

MattyB

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2005

I went to the Nextel Cup race at Richmond this past weekend and was
really hoping to find a Stern NASCAR pinball somewhere on site but
didn't. Anybody here on RGP ever see the game at a race? With the tens
of thousands of people milling about for hours before, during, and
after a race it seems only logical that someone would put one there.
Whadya think? Matt B.

Nomad

I was wondering that myself but then I started trying to figure out
where would they put it? Stern tent on the infield? Outside Rusty
Wallace's RV? Next to the beer stand? Needless to say I don't think the
game would last an entire race, it's not built nearly as tough as the
race cars are!

nomad

An op local to one of the racetracks would probably have to take it
upon himself to contact the track management and see if they would
allow it. Now way the racing guys are going to hire a flunky to haul
around a beat pinball machine from race-ro-race. If there was a track
in my hometown you can bet I'd be knocking on their door with a new
Ncar pin ready to place!

-cody
CARGPB#4

nomad wrote:
> I was wondering that myself but then I started trying to figure out
> where would they put it? Stern tent on the infield? Outside Rusty
> Wallace's RV? Next to the beer stand? Needless to say I don't think the
> game would last an entire race, it's not built nearly as tough as the
> race cars are!
>
> nomad

NASCAR = Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Racing ;)
With the high priced tix now a days these poor spectators can hardly
afford the gas to go home, let alone feed a machine they know nothing
about, and support a Yankee named STERN. (figure it out) I think if
they had a NASCAR pin on site it would have to be puke proof, and
resist large amounts of beer being tossed on it. I USED to love NASCAR
racing and went to alot of the southern tracks, until the # 3 went
away, and then things went down hill after they got too politically
correct, and would not allow cussing, bumping, and passing on the
grass. I thought racing was to get to the checkers first, and do
whatever it takes to get there. (just like the good ole days without
restrictor plates)
We need more legends like the Pettys and Allisons to make this sport
good again, and keep Whoopi Goldberg away from starting the Daytona
500.

I live about 10 miles from the track, but the BIG BOYS bring in the
Simulators, and have flushed that idea out completely. I am a local,
and have offered ( a few years ago) a No Fear and DaytonaS, but that is
all taken care of by the corporate big guys from the circuit
organization from what I was told. If you want to play (buy?) games in
Richmond next time in town call Mark @ (804)779-0212

if nascar pinball would have been there. there would have been two
worthless things to look at there.