The damn thing every so often has a sudden blank screen, then flashes back with no ill effects (blanks out for maybe a second) - this doesn't happen too often.

Some times it will post with crazy lines all over the screen. (Majority - 90% are yellow), also wierd characters also will be displayed, these are not distorted. This happens 1 in 10 boots id say.

Randomly reboots - this is not often at all - maybe once every 10 hours.

It seems to never work when my G/F is around :lol: - I'm being serious!

===================
Voltages are:
Vcore 1.41
3.3 @ 3.07 (WTF?!) EDIT - BIOS says 3.31 :)
5.0 @ 5.01
12 @ 11.50 (...hmm) - BIOS says 11.61 :-|
==========

Temps:
CPU (water cooled) Idle @ 42 (ARGH!)
System Temp (not registaring at mo in windows? - BIOS says around 42)
GPU 60c Idle

edit: I hope it is ok to put a 24pin motherboard powerconnector into a 20pin one...I've just done that to avoid the strain I was putting on the M/b with the 24 to 20 pin adapter that came with the PSU

Any idea's guys...Don't want to RMA if possible.
Thanks

Oh yeah...System Specs

AMD64 3200 (Stock Mhz)
MSI Neo2 Plat
MSI 6800 (Stock, hidden pipes are still locked)

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Oh, you really threw me a curve this time.

So does your MOBO have a 20 or a 24 pin connector?"
I know that many of the MOBO's that have a 24 pin connector will work with a 20 pin PSU. Ive never thought about what would happen the other way around. What kind of strain does the adapter put on the MOBO? ARE you drinking again?

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

Well, I managed to 'sort out' the overclocking problems I was having.

Turns out that, as I set my RAM on a Divided (5:4) it used the RAM SPD timings at the new Speed (DDR333),as overclocking took place and my RAM reached ever closer to DDR400 it crashed as it was at 2.5,3,3,8 - instead of the DDR400 3,4,4,8 it is rated for! :lol: !!!

I think the mobo is crap, as no matter what settings I give it will not get past 250FSB (5:4 divider = DDR375 for RAM)

ANYWAY - back to the topic. I'm currently @ 2.3Ghz making sure I'm stable using winRAR benchmarking + folding. Thats FSB240, HTx4, DDR360.

It seems moving the graphics cards around a little remedies the problem (to a certain extent) - it is secured correctly as it is though. As soon as it works, I can game etc on it with out problems.

Yeah yeah...I should have taken your advise - I KNOW! :lol:

Well, I'm going offline for an hour to reinstall windows. I'm leaving this at 2.3Gig (1.5Vcore).

Then im going to setup my folding and give you guys a run for your money!

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
You will be lucky if I dont BAN you :lol: You totally ignored me :frown:

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

Sorry Moz.

I my Mobo has a 20Pin main socket, and a 4pin extra socket located elsewhere on the board.

I'm guessing ATXv2 standard boards have all these 24pins located in the same socket.

Anyway - my PSU comes with a 24pin mainboard connector & a 4 pin extra one for older boards(like mine). Supplied with the PSU is a 24 to 20 adapted. My case is really crampt and the adapter has alot of wires which are very ridgid. I need to really twist it to get it all to fit, and that pushes on the board a bit.

G

Ahh. Hang in there ned, hope you figure it out.

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially a <b> Newbie </b>!! </font color=green>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
He ignored me too.

Ban him.Ban him.Ban him.Ban him.Ban him
Im going to let it slide this time, but if he keeps it up then I may not be so forgiving the next time. I have feelings too :frown:

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
It should be fine without the adapter.

Have you tried the pressure tuning method yet? You seem to be having a problem with ocing your system.

<A HREF="http://www.freeimagehosting.info/uploads/9ed18e0f8f.jpg" target="_new">THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!</A>

Bollox..you see now I have a problem.

I took off the cooler and applied some AS5 to the core and RAM chips - thus voiding the warrenty.

Will this cause problems even if I don't tell them?

It's not really a bad problem, it plays games fine I think

Yes.

And, the RAM chips had kind of a 'mesh' on them too - but I was feeling kinda noob-ish and so removed it.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Do you want details :lol: Lately I havent been getting any :eek:

The LINKY! I NO UNDERSTANDY!

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
so you can mount heatspreaders
Here you go crapping this thread :lol: There has already been a reference to applying AS5 but we all know that really isnt a 5 :eek: Now you are talking about mounting a heatspreader :wink:

TRENDING THREADS