Drive Image 2002

xazos79

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Hi all, I'm having problems with cloning images with DI2002.

Ok i've got a win2k-server partition and a winxp partition on my 20gig drive.

When i create an image of both of these, and then restore them onto my new 80gb drive, problems arise.

When i get to the Welcome to Windows XP screen, the boot sequence halts and sits at this screen indefinitely.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
did you put them in the order you had the systems before? 2k on first partition, xp on second, or vise versa.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

xazos79

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Ok, when i first setup the 20gb drive i made sure that i installed win2k on my d: drive first. That way, i could have the c: drive for WinXP.

I can recall imaging the win2k partition first, and then imaging the winxp partition; but that didn't work. I'm wondering, should i be imaging to unpartitioned space so that drive image creates the partition by itself?

psykoikonov

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
This might help DI2002 FAQ
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=184" target="_new">http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=184</A>

:eek: <b>Who needs heatsinks and fans, I have an igloo</b> :eek:

xazos79

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
He kindof gave a guide to imaging etc..but not a guide to my exact situation of imaging and restoring a dual boot system. I did some more tinkering and had some success....
Here's what i did......

Ok, i've had success to an extent!! Here's what i did.
I re-imaged both partitions (just incase something was initially wrong with them).
I then rebooted the system and used the rescue disks i created when i installed drive image 2002.
From here i deleted the two partitions in the 80gb drive, and restored the win2k image into the unallocated space. I then restored the winxp image into the remaining unallocated space.
After this was complete, DI2002 said it had to restart (without the rescue disks) to finish the restore.
The computer booted up on my old hard-drive, and using file xplorer i noticed the two new partitions on my 80gb drive were not visible.
I then turned off my computer, and setup the 80gb drive as primary master and removed the 20gb from the system.
I then booted up and voila! Winxp booted up fine!
However, i then tried to boot win2kserver. I got to the logon screen, and logged into my account. I was greeted with a paging file is too small error message (it was reasonably lengthy) informing me to perform some operation once i've logged on.
The problem is that i can't log in, win2k just returns me to the logon screen. Same thing happens when i try and do it in safe mode.

Any ideas?