Sign in with
Your question

Laptop upgrade

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 28, 2010 12:13:30 AM

Hello, im not great with computers could you help/advise me please, ive just won a laptop on ebay its a h/p zt3000, it has 256mb ram, 30gb harddrive, also the hard drive has been formated so the seller said i need a new o/s.
so i think i need atleast 1gb ram , and maybe 120gb harddrive? what about an external hdd? also i need a o/s i was thinking windows xp? or would linux be ok and save me money? can you advise me on what i need to buy for my laptop for a cheap price please, im on a really tight budget i want to use it to surf the web/face book etc, listen to music and some times watch live football on internet tv sites.
thank you for your help

More about : laptop upgrade

August 28, 2010 6:35:44 PM

If you're not too good with computers I would avoid Linux. Perhaps go to a computer fair for your O/S. You should find a cheap XP there. Use HPs website to find documentation if it hasn't got any for upgrading. I'm thinking with 256MB installed already, there may be only one other slot free that will only accept another 256MB. 30GB HDD should be enough for surfing and an external HDD sounds like a good idea.
!