Epsom SX125 cartrige quantity reset

catIII

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Reposted...sorry.
I am unable to locate any info for quantity reset for a Epsom SX125 cartridges, the old one appears to have more ink in it than the new one!. Am I out of luck?
Rgds Geoff

catIII

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Having had an Epson before, I know the print heads appear to be fallible when using non-Epson cartridges. I have the opinion they sell cheaper printer in order to recoup money on the cartridges.
I've had replies from a few companies recently which have said due to the printer being quite a new design, there may not be a chip reset device for it yet. Bearing in mind what you have said re the quantity remaining, I might just 'bite the bullet' and live with binning half full cartridges.
Thanks for the info BTW.
Rgds...G

Cheap printers are a hallmark of inkjet printers unfortunately. They are almost a disposable product, even the high end ones with tons of features. If you don't use color often, I suggest getting a used laser jet and use that most of the time, just use the ink jet when you need color. I've had very good reliability from the HP2200 series, they are available cheaply and lots of them, print at a good resolution, can be networked easily, and are very reliable. I have one that was in a tax office printing out hundreds of pages of returns daily, and it's been running in my house for 3 years, and still is. Only on my second toner too.

catIII

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Thanks to the two people who replied and if I knew how, I would keep the thread open as both have provided good information. I print very little but the rest of the family print any and everything, normally in colour but keep little of it.
Sounds like I'm heading for a laser!
BTW, has anyone heard of freecycle.com?
Rgds...CatIII.