Problems logging into

Last response: in Video Games
November 27, 2004 3:02:52 AM

About 2 days ago I started having a problem logging into Zone Friends and
entering game rooms. I am able to log into .NET Passport with no problem.
However, when I click on one of the game rooms (in cribbage) I
get an error message that states "A connection to the game server could not
be established. Unspecified error. " Also, Zone Friends is not launching
in the lower left hand corner. I would
appreciate any suggestions or recommended solutions to this problem.

More about : problems logging

Anonymous
November 27, 2004 6:35:57 AM

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:02:52 -0000, "Doug Grieve"
<doug.grieve@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>About 2 days ago I started having a problem logging into Zone Friends and
>entering game rooms. I am able to log into .NET Passport with no problem.
>However, when I click on one of the game rooms (in cribbage) I
>get an error message that states "A connection to the game server could not
>be established. Unspecified error. " Also, Zone Friends is not launching
>in the lower left hand corner. I would
>appreciate any suggestions or recommended solutions to this problem.

try here ..may help

http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/signin.html
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 9:39:19 AM

Doug Grieve wrote:

> About 2 days ago I started having a problem logging into Zone Friends and
> entering game rooms. I am able to log into .NET Passport with no problem.
> However, when I click on one of the game rooms (in cribbage) I
> get an error message that states "A connection to the game server could not
> be established. Unspecified error. " Also, Zone Friends is not launching
> in the lower left hand corner. I would
> appreciate any suggestions or recommended solutions to this problem.

An NIS update can be the cause. ( NAV can be blocking jscript too.)

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#S...

If you have an ad blocker, popup-stopper or web accelerator running,
they can write the ads links to the HOSTS or LMHOSTS file. Edit these
files and delete the lines, or just delete the files mentioned above to
the Recycle Bin. The files with extensions .sam are sample files
explaining how to block sites; you shouldn't delete or edit them. With
AdSubtract and possibly some others, you can open the program and accept
the ads used on the Zone.

Here are other possible solutions:

1) Editing the URL in the browser address line to read HTTPS:// instead
of HTTP:// and pressing enter to reload the page will avoid loading the
ad content on the right side of the page and allow heartbeatctl to
initialize and load zone friends. The room links will load normally
afterwards.

2) Kick starting zone friends by opening the profiles page and sending
yourself a zone message will force zonefriends to reload initializing
heartbeatctl in the process. With heartbeat running the players can
usually access the game rooms after IE indicating the page content is
loaded even though the flash ads on the right side of the page have not
started.

3) Look here:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

--