Sign in with
Your question

Laptop or Palmtop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 28, 2010 2:19:27 PM

Is there any differnce between laptop, palmtop or notebooks? I am guessing notebooks and laptops are the same, with palmtops being the teenyweeny version.

I also assume palmtops to be uncomfortable to work if on the computer for ten hours+ ?

What are your thoughts?

More about : laptop palmtop

a b D Laptop
August 29, 2010 8:22:37 PM

Yes, a laptop and a notebook are the same thing, just different names. A palmtop is basically a mobile device like a smart phone. I'd definitley go with a notebook/laptop if you spend 10+ hours a day in front of the computer, as a laptop has a much bigger keyboard, screen, and superior hardware.
August 30, 2010 11:02:14 AM

Thanks buwish :) 
Related resources
a b D Laptop
August 30, 2010 6:01:17 PM

seogoat said:
Thanks buwish :) 

Hi Seogoat,

If you are looking for a small, portable computer, you may want to check out a netbook. They are usually around 10" and have great battery life.

Do you need any recommendations?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
August 30, 2010 10:04:56 PM

Thanks Isabella, but the netbooks are very very small and I what I want it for is to run an online business from abroad. Can you recommend a notebook 14" minimum?
a b D Laptop
August 30, 2010 11:21:52 PM

seogoat said:
Thanks Isabella, but the netbooks are very very small and I what I want it for is to run an online business from abroad. Can you recommend a notebook 14" minimum?

Hi there,

You should check out the Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 14". It has a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5-520M Processor and 250 GB HDD. However, it is a very business oriented notebook and it does not have an optical drive. If an optical drive is an important feature for you, I can make some other suggestions.

Cheers,
Isabella
August 31, 2010 12:38:10 PM

Yes an optical is important, but that looks pretty smart. I like it... What other ones are really good. Thanks for this Isabella it is very much appreciated :) 
a b D Laptop
August 31, 2010 5:34:14 PM

seogoat said:
Yes an optical is important, but that looks pretty smart. I like it... What other ones are really good. Thanks for this Isabella it is very much appreciated :) 

Hi there,

You might also want to take a look at the Sony VAIO EA. It has a 14" screen and a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5-450M processor. It also has 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB of hard drive space.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
August 31, 2010 10:04:51 PM

Thanks it looks really cool
August 31, 2010 10:08:16 PM

are there any others i can look at?
a b D Laptop
August 31, 2010 10:48:13 PM

seogoat said:
are there any others i can look at?

Hi there,

Check out this link to PC Scout to see several other laptop that are about that size. You can also adjust the specs on the left side to narrow it down further: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-cr....

Let me know if you see anything else that you like!

Cheers,
Isabella
!