Anybody doing a Hot Backup Setup?

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I want to try and connect two identical Dell systems to a router and have
one system mirror the other in a hot backup scenario. Anybody ever done
this before? I got the printer on a print server and have located a switch
for dual DVI to just switch the LCD. I was going to use Acronis True Image
to create a copy of the C: drive of the one system to the other system.

Now it's just a matter of updating the second system with file changes
right? Anything out there for software to do this or is it script writing
time? Am I missing something? All feedback welcome!

You're looking for something like this
http://www.livevault.com/

"Bubba" <Bubba@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I want to try and connect two identical Dell systems to a router and have
> one system mirror the other in a hot backup scenario. Anybody ever done
> this before? I got the printer on a print server and have located a
switch
> for dual DVI to just switch the LCD. I was going to use Acronis True
Image
> to create a copy of the C: drive of the one system to the other system.
>
> Now it's just a matter of updating the second system with file changes
> right? Anything out there for software to do this or is it script writing
> time? Am I missing something? All feedback welcome!

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Sounds interesting but no prices for anything which can only mean its too
expensive.
What do you think of scheduling scripts to run every 15 minutes that will
copy files from one system to the other?