where are palm hotsync restor database files?

January 3, 2005 11:15:35 PM

my tungsten e crashed while i was installing an application, and
required a hard reset. when i went to restore it, it would get to some
point and then develop some error. if i then try to run any app on the
palm, it crashes, requiring a hard reset again.

i'm wondering if there's any way to designate what to restore. if not,
is there any way to find the data files that it uses? i figure i can
try to rename the files needed to restore the problematic app, thereby
making hotsync skip that app.

thanks!
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 2:15:02 PM

xeroxbox@gmail.com wrote:

> my tungsten e crashed while i was installing an application, and
> required a hard reset. when i went to restore it, it would get to some
> point and then develop some error. if i then try to run any app on the
> palm, it crashes, requiring a hard reset again.
>
> i'm wondering if there's any way to designate what to restore. if not,
> is there any way to find the data files that it uses? i figure i can
> try to rename the files needed to restore the problematic app, thereby
> making hotsync skip that app.

Hi,

What application is it? If you are after data files of the built-in
application, you'll find them under
<installation_directory>/Palm/<your_username_truncated>/datebook and the
like as .dat files.

If you are trying to control what gets installed and backed up in general,
have a look at:

<installation_directory>/Palm/<your_username_truncated>/Archive

and/or

<installation_directory>/Palm/<your_username_truncated>/Backup

and/or

<installation_directory>/Palm/<your_username_truncated>/Install

Hope this helps,
Roy

--
Roy Schestowitz