Sign in with
Your question

Canon photorecord windows 7........I have used Cannon Photo record and Photo Re

Last response: in Windows 7
December 18, 2012 4:51:05 PM

I have been using Canon's Photo record for many years, after purchasing their 35mm digital camera some time ago. I even downloaded an update to Gold in 2003. I just purchased a new computer with Winows 7 ...... My original, and nor my update will download on the Windows 7 format. I have 1000's of images sorted in my data base, have any ideas what I can do before loading all my data from my old computer's hardrive?

I sure would hate to have to hand sort all my images, they are many to be sure.

Any help would be fabulous to know.

Bruce

walkingwiththedrbbler@gmail.comwalkingwiththedribler[at]gmail.com
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2012 9:42:35 PM

That's the problem with using proprietary software for image file management. Sometimes when you upgrade the OS you may not be able to use that same software if it isn't updated by the developer to fix compatibility issues.

However, PhotoRecord version 2.0 should work on Windows 7 according to this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/wi...
m
l
December 26, 2012 2:15:11 PM

Thank you for your input. Since asking this question I was able to contact Cannon Tech direct, and they helped me with my problem. By still having my CD software, even with it not being capatable with the new Windows 7 ......... I could insert it into my drive, as I was downloading a free update, and some how, the old software was made to work with Windows 7 and be downloaded on my new unt, along with the latest version of the Cannon software, worked likea charm...... So with this new information, I suggest any problems be taken directly to Cannon tech hotline...... Thanks for everyone who has added info on my situation attempting to help. Your help gave me thought and info I did not have, making me more able to explain what I thought I may need, and too, what I sill did not understand to the Cannon Tech person who helped me so well.great Tech Hotline...... Happy New Year to one and all ...... Bruce
m
l
!