Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Network adapter driver, windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit, atom cpu n455

Last response: in Windows 7
December 18, 2012 6:43:33 PM

MY daughters acer aspire one netbook ssomehow formatted the harddrive! I installed win 7 ultimate from usb but i t will not install found drivers, files are missing but no file names given. I need to get wireless working for her. Any help greatly appreciated. Acer site is no help since it came with win 7 starter, which i couldnt find.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2012 6:46:36 PM

Hi :) 

Is it a legal Ultimate ?

The Operating system would cost more than the Netbook lol...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
December 18, 2012 6:49:58 PM

thanks brett. yes bought for my laptop. took forever to figure out how to get dvd to usb flash drive and get it to boot and install
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 6:51:00 PM

i think the os is too much for that puny cpu and it sopposed to be running 32 bit i believe
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2012 7:43:47 PM

1971smitty said:
thanks brett. yes bought for my laptop. took forever to figure out how to get dvd to usb flash drive and get it to boot and install

If its activated on your laptop it will not activate on the Netbook...

And Ultimate needs a minimum of 2 gb of ram...

m
l
December 18, 2012 8:20:20 PM

That's all I had.... Didn't get to activation yet. Guess I will have to buy her a new os, what should I use on that thing, or just trash it and buy a new netbook?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2012 8:29:50 PM

1971smitty said:
That's all I had.... Didn't get to activation yet. Guess I will have to buy her a new os, what should I use on that thing, or just trash it and buy a new netbook?

Considering the cost of an OS, i WOULD SCRAP it as a new Netbook will be a LOT faster...

m
l
December 18, 2012 8:49:25 PM

Guess you are right, trying to save a junker I guess, never used it myself, gift from grandmother last Christmas. Thanks for your feedback.
m
l

Best solution

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 18, 2012 10:40:19 PM

If its just used for web browsing, facebook, and email, which is what most netbooks are. Rather than scrap it why not put Linux on, it will be faster with that on than any version of 7. JoliOS is a nice netbook OS with its iOS/Android style interface.

JoliOS http://www.jolicloud.com/jolios

HCL for Acer http://help.jolicloud.com/entries/20055102-initial-list...
December 19, 2012 11:23:27 AM

Thats the helpful kind of answer I was looking for! Thank you! I was worried about ubuntu type programs recognising my hardware as windows won't even tell me what drivers I need. DM just lists network controller and wireless controller as not correctly installing drivers. No adapters at all. No wi fi, no response when wired directly to cable modem. I will definitely check it out. I really can't afford to just throw it away and buy new. But that seemed to be the only help I could get. Lol.
m
l
December 27, 2012 3:15:49 AM

My wife is loving the netbook with jolicloud. Mommom bought a new laptop for Christmas so my wife is using it now. All functions working right after install. THANKS DIGITAL ALCHEMY!
m
l
December 27, 2012 3:17:00 AM

Best answer selected by 1971smitty.
m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 28, 2012 11:56:37 PM

1971smitty said:
My wife is loving the netbook with jolicloud. Mommom bought a new laptop for Christmas so my wife is using it now. All functions working right after install. THANKS DIGITAL ALCHEMY!

You're welcome. It's based off Ubuntu so you can use the Synaptic package manger to install local apps from the Ubuntu repos, if there is something you want that isn't in the Joli repository.
m
l
!