Can't access Management Tool

Occaisonally I have trouble accessing the Management
Tool. It is greyed out and unavailable.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this would be
happening?
I am suspicious of my firewall (I have it activated so it
could be blocking somehow?) but not sure.

I posted a similar question earlier today (can't access
the management feature no matter what I try ... wireless,
hardwired, with or without my firewall enabled etc. etc.).

I wish I could offer you a better suggestion, but perhaps
you should try disabling your firewall temporarily ... it
didn't work for me, but it might work for you.

Hi,

Have you tried accessing the Management Tool from your internet browser?
Just open up your internet browser and type in http://192.168.2.1 in the
address bar and it should come up.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

wrote in message
>> Occaisonally I have trouble accessing the Management
>> Tool. It is greyed out and unavailable.
>> Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this would
be
>> happening?
>> I am suspicious of my firewall (I have it activated so
it
>> could be blocking somehow?) but not sure.
>

>.
>Yes- I saw your post about that and it works from my
wired pc (thank you) but none of my wireless pc's can
access it through the browser.

Hi,

I can't access the Management tool from the internet and
it is greyed out on my computer. My firewall is
disabled, so I don't think that's it. Any other
suggestions?

Shannon

Have you made sure that the proxies in your Internet Explorer are all
cleared?

Open your Internet Explorer, then go to Tools, then Internet Options.

Now go to the connections tab,
then click on the LAN Settings button.
Uncheck all the checkmark boxes and then hit OK and then OK again.

Now try going to http://192.168.2.1 and see if it works.

--

wrote in message
> [...]

joker

You can't access the BSMT while you are not behind the MN-100, MN-500,
or MN-700. (I listed all three because you didn't start a new thread &
list which Microsoft router you are running)

shannon leggs79@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't access the Management tool from the internet and
> it is greyed out on my computer. My firewall is
> disabled, so I don't think that's it. Any other
> suggestions?
>
> Shannon

Hi,

No problem, glad to be of assistance.

--

> [...]

Pradeep

At the address bar of your browser type 192.168.2.1 and
hit enter to get into the tool.
Also ensure no proxy's are there.

If the access command is greyed out on the base station
screen you can
Open your Web browser, and then type the base station IP
address in the Address bar. By default, this address is
http://192.168.2.1. Enter the base station password on
the Managment Tool logon page.

keith

Following other comments here, I solved this by going to
Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options >
Connections > LAN settings > and then checking box
Automatically detect settings, no other boxes checked,
and then OK OK etc out. Works fine now, can run the
Management Tool direct from the MS Broadban Network
Utility as in the past before this problem started. Not
sure what the problem is, seemed to start after an IE
upgrade. Now fiex and back to normal.