New gaming headset & sound card

logical

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Sup all, I need to upgrade from my Turtle Beach X11's to something more up market, for gaming.

I'll probably be wearing them for a good few hours a day as I use headset over speakers, so it needs to be comfy.

All I need really is a good mic, good sound and comfy, looks, meh, it's a plus but not essential.

Currently I'm looking at the following ones:

ASUS Vulcan ANC, a friend who has one highly recommends them, but still, there could be better ones.

Cooler Master CM Storm Sirus, these just seem to be good, they look comfy and from what my novice sound knowledge could interpret they looked decent

Razer Tiamat, these look good, and have had great reviews, not sure on price though, being Razer they are expensive... however still No.1 choice so far.

I also want a sound card to accompany them, most people have said any of the ASUS Xonar range is good, so that's what I'm looking at, mainly the ASUS Xonar DS, if anyone uses this sound card do they think it's any good and whether it would go well with any of these headsets ?

Hope someone can help, if there are any suggestions, go for it, I'm willing to spend up to £200 although that would be a bit scetchy, so try to recommend ones priced similar.

Thanks

jojomexi

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

I currently use a Logitech H800:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104622&name=Headsets-Accessories

I swear by it personally, although it seems some reviews say they had some difficulties with it? It's worked flawless for me. I've been doing all i can to get away from all the wires. Its comfortable, i can wear it for long periods of time, and I use it for more than just my computer. I bring them to work, and bluetooth them with my iphone, wear them at the gym, and use them via included dongle to connect to my pc (I could bluetooth with PC but i like the dongle feature for that no particular reason why). website says 6 hours battery but im pretty sure they last up to 8 if i remember reading the box correctly. you can keep using them while their charging via micro USB as well.

They dont have amazing depth like a higher dollar pair of headphones, but they are sturdy, clear via the mic, and portable.

logical

Honorable
May 21, 2012

Look like a nice pair of headphones, not sure on whether they would bottle neck a sound card though, from your experience would they bottle a neck a soiund card? I do like the wireless though, like you, I hate wires , another factor to getting rid our X11's and the 10ft cables that they lug along.

Will look into these though.

jojomexi

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
I don't see how they would bottleneck a sound card specially since most people leave sound cards out of their pc builds either way!