Best value keyboard to get?

richboyliang

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I game a bit and it's time to replace my old keyboard, sadly loaded with food crumbs and spills, but still working. I don't know what I should look for in a new keyboard, seems to me that a keyboard is a keyboard and whether it's gaming or not only matters in the huge price difference from $10 to $200. I know that cheaper keyboards tend to be loud or uncomfortable, so what keyboard should I get that is relatively cheap and isn't as bad as the bad ones I just described? Current one is logitech classic keyboard 200, which seems to be around $50. It was fine but I wonder if keyboards have improved and their prices dropped, so that I might get an almost equivalent keyboard for less these days. I'm looking for spill resistance, full-sized, comfortable, not too loud keys, not curved, and best around $15.

None of that portable, flimsy keyboard thing, I use mine for desktop only. I really prefer USB wired, because I just don't trust wireless with a potential disconnection.

Edit: I've settled for the logitech k120, because it's cheap and received good reviews.