Poll: Which game's EB is the hardest to COLLECT?

I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
the hardest to COLLECT and why.

FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
down.

(HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
hit the target just bouncing around.)

Others?

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
More about poll game hardest collect

    IIRC, Mario Andretti had a tiny target just above the left sling that
    was a BITCH. And Congo, I think, had an EB up the volcano, which was
    always tough for me.

    Mike Schudel wrote:
    > I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
    > the hardest to COLLECT and why.
    >
    > FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
    > down.
    >
    > (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
    > hit the target just bouncing around.)
    >
    > Others?
    >
    > --
    > Mike S.
    > Kalamazoo, MI
    >
    > Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    > W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    > M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    Hmmm, can I cheat? How about a special? Normally GTB ems allow you to
    convert a special into an extra ball with a jumper, but the game I am
    talking about below does not have that option.

    Gottlieb "300"-
    Roll over a fairly easy to get "light special" at the top. The next
    trick is to get the ball to the bottom of the PF without getting a
    bonus (or ANYTHING on hard settings). Trouble is, the ball has to
    almost always go through a spinner on it's way down that awards a
    bonus! Then you have to hit one specific target at the top to award the
    special. I've done it a handful of times at best.

    The other is safecracker, but that is like the above- there is no extra
    ball!

    Nothing I have played stands out.

    Kirb

    The Extra Ball shot on Haunted House can be a risky and tricky little
    shot to make.

    Ron

    Mike Schudel wrote:
    > I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
    > the hardest to COLLECT and why.
    >
    > FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
    > down.
    >
    > (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
    > hit the target just bouncing around.)
    >
    > Others?
    >
    > --
    > Mike S.
    > Kalamazoo, MI
    >
    > Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    > W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    > M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    Gilligan's Island comes to mind - you have to drain down the left
    outlane when bonus ball is lit (and hopefully the kicker is lit too).

    I agree, WH20 is a tough shot to make without promptly losing the ball.

    Mike

    Medusa gets my vote, have to time it so you match scrolling #'s on the
    playfield as they scroll up/down.

    -Massachusetts Bruce

    "Sir Tiltsalot" <detweiler02@REMOVEmsn.com> wrote in message

    > "Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which
    >> is
    >> the hardest to COLLECT and why.
    >>
    >> FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
    >> down.
    >>
    >> (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball
    >> will
    >> hit the target just bouncing around.)
    >>
    >> Others?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike S.
    >> Kalamazoo, MI
    >>
    >> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    >> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    >> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
    >>
    >> Haunted House. Hard shot, plus it alternates on and off with target hits.

    Fish Tales is pretty easy if you're trying to back hand the lock i hit
    the EB every time ;)

    WH2O the best success i've had with the EB is hitting the flipper just
    right when the ball is shot out of the mine so that it rolls up the
    inlane and hits the target.

    -c

    Mike Schudel wrote:
    > I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
    > the hardest to COLLECT and why.
    >
    > FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
    > down.
    >
    > (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
    > hit the target just bouncing around.)

    Gotta give the nod to Whitewaterwater. That game has the only EB shot
    that I won't even bother attempting when it's lit. Instead, I'll just
    start the next multiball and hope something careens into it.

    Risk/reward ratio on the WWh20 shot suuucks.

    TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
    > Mike Schudel wrote:
    > > I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
    > > the hardest to COLLECT and why.
    > >
    > > FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
    > > down.
    > >
    > > (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
    > > hit the target just bouncing around.)
    >
    > Gotta give the nod to Whitewaterwater. That game has the only EB shot
    > that I won't even bother attempting when it's lit. Instead, I'll just
    > start the next multiball and hope something careens into it.
    >
    > Risk/reward ratio on the WWh20 shot suuucks.

    WH20's EB, however, I've seen some very clever methods at trying to
    collect it

    1. Hack and Pray
    2. Tap and backhand from right flipper
    3. Shoot right inlane, hit target as it goes up

    some others I can't think of atm

    >I can get Extra Balls all day in STTNG. Bonus 10X, collect EB,
    >next ball, Bonus 10X, collect EB, repeat ad absurdium.

    I rarely get bonus to 10x. Guess I need to shoot the right orbit more
    and maybe tweak up my pop bumpers so the ball kicks back upward more.
    Also, the ball kicks back down the orbit most of the time after hitting
    the drop target, so maybe I'll have to look into that. It never really
    bothered me since I get more chances at the delta ramp. I need to get
    to the 'ad absurdium' level and maybe I can finally break 10 billion
    without a buy-in.

    That brings to mind another hard EB to collect - beating level six on
    the STTNG Battle Simulation mode.

    Thanks
    John

    PT wrote:
    > >I can get Extra Balls all day in STTNG. Bonus 10X, collect EB,
    > >next ball, Bonus 10X, collect EB, repeat ad absurdium.
    >
    > I rarely get bonus to 10x. Guess I need to shoot the right orbit more
    > and maybe tweak up my pop bumpers so the ball kicks back upward more.
    > Also, the ball kicks back down the orbit most of the time after hitting
    > the drop target, so maybe I'll have to look into that. It never really
    > bothered me since I get more chances at the delta ramp. I need to get
    > to the 'ad absurdium' level and maybe I can finally break 10 billion
    > without a buy-in.
    >
    > That brings to mind another hard EB to collect - beating level six on
    > the STTNG Battle Simulation mode.
    >
    > Thanks
    > John

    Well, besides the fact that it is very important in general to hit the
    right orbit, I actually get bonus 10x using the 'throw away' Ferengi
    and Cardassian multiballs.

    Balls get autoplunged up there, give bonus X, on Ferengi I will often
    just let the ball drain in the beginning and then hit NZ again to get
    the ball to autoplunge up there again.

    People have told me the Level 6 Battle Sim EB is the EASIEST to
    collect, but I cannot hit the NZ shot from the gun reliably. In fact I
    usually don't attempt to win Battle Sim at ALL, I try to start Battle
    Sim with Lock lit, and get the ball either to the left flipper or left
    gun.

    If you lock a ball during Battle Sim, and the game autoplunges a ball,
    the standup stays down, the ball goes into the lock, LIGHTING it! In
    essence most shots to Lock while Lock Lit while Battle Sim is running
    count double. On top of that if you start Multiball while Battle Sim
    is running, although the mode itself is suspended during Multiball, the
    drop target STAYS DOWN the whole time! This means all autoplunged
    balls go into the lock and feed the left flipper for shot at Jackpot.
    (rather than hit the drop target and come out of jets uncontrollably)

    If I have a left gun shot during Battle Sim (i.p. when Lock Lit) I will
    either shoot the right ramp and nudge the ball from right flipper to
    left to attempt to shoot the right orbit, or on STTNGs that will allow
    it I will simply shoot the right orbit straight from the left gun.

    Also note that the Double Lock trick doesn't work if Video Mode lit (as
    the ball won't be autoplunged after video mode)

    imho, the toughest eb to collect is in tspp.

    while crazy eb can be quite hard to collect if you don't get a mb
    going, there is one that is even harder.

    you need to get 5 hurry-ups in a row to collect it.

    think that is easy?

    try for the H.U. special, where you have to collect all 6! ;-)

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    The extra ball in Getaways video mode!!

    Mike Schudel wrote:
    > I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
    > the hardest to COLLECT and why.

    TZ's Lock/EB shot, on machines that have not been properly adjusted -
    it's truly sad to see it go all the way in, pop out, and go SDTM. -JW

    I'll put in another vote for WW. I swear there are several magnets at
    the bottom of the outlanes and below the flippers that energize right
    after you smack the EB target. Must be listed in the manual as the
    "insta-drain" feature. Totally pisses me off...you collect the EB,
    immediately lose the one you're playing, and then jump around the room
    cursing that damn shot.

    Ted

    Getting an eb in target alpha is tricky. No sure fire way to get the
    ball to go to the upper playfield lanes. And once you drain, it is
    gone.

    Jeff

Games Video Games