Poll: Which game's EB is the hardest to COLLECT?

Last response: in Video Games
September 13, 2005 7:45:29 PM

I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
the hardest to COLLECT and why.

FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
down.

(HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
hit the target just bouncing around.)

Others?

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
September 13, 2005 7:45:30 PM

IIRC, Mario Andretti had a tiny target just above the left sling that
was a BITCH. And Congo, I think, had an EB up the volcano, which was
always tough for me.
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 7:45:30 PM

"Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which
> is
> the hardest to COLLECT and why.
>
> FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
> down.
>
> (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball
> will
> hit the target just bouncing around.)
>
> Others?
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
>
> Haunted House. Hard shot, plus it alternates on and off with target hits.

September 13, 2005 7:45:30 PM

Mike Schudel wrote:
> I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
> the hardest to COLLECT and why.
>
> FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
> down.
>
> (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
> hit the target just bouncing around.)
>
> Others?
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Hmmm, can I cheat? How about a special? Normally GTB ems allow you to
convert a special into an extra ball with a jumper, but the game I am
talking about below does not have that option.

Gottlieb "300"-
Roll over a fairly easy to get "light special" at the top. The next
trick is to get the ball to the bottom of the PF without getting a
bonus (or ANYTHING on hard settings). Trouble is, the ball has to
almost always go through a spinner on it's way down that awards a
bonus! Then you have to hit one specific target at the top to award the
special. I've done it a handful of times at best.

The other is safecracker, but that is like the above- there is no extra
ball!

Nothing I have played stands out.

Kirb
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 7:45:30 PM

The Extra Ball shot on Haunted House can be a risky and tricky little
shot to make.

Ron

Mike Schudel wrote:
> I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
> the hardest to COLLECT and why.
>
> FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
> down.
>
> (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
> hit the target just bouncing around.)
>
> Others?
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
September 13, 2005 7:45:30 PM

Gilligan's Island comes to mind - you have to drain down the left
outlane when bonus ball is lit (and hopefully the kicker is lit too).

I agree, WH20 is a tough shot to make without promptly losing the ball.

Mike
September 14, 2005 12:14:12 AM

Medusa gets my vote, have to time it so you match scrolling #'s on the
playfield as they scroll up/down.

-Massachusetts Bruce

"Sir Tiltsalot" <detweiler02@REMOVEmsn.com> wrote in message
news:D g7afn$bim$1@domitilla.aioe.org...

> "Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which
>> is
>> the hardest to COLLECT and why.
>>
>> FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
>> down.
>>
>> (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball
>> will
>> hit the target just bouncing around.)
>>
>> Others?
>>
>> --
>> Mike S.
>> Kalamazoo, MI
>>
>> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
>> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
>> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
>>
>> Haunted House. Hard shot, plus it alternates on and off with target hits.

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 10:23:56 AM

Fish Tales is pretty easy if you're trying to back hand the lock i hit
the EB every time ;)

WH2O the best success i've had with the EB is hitting the flipper just
right when the ball is shot out of the mine so that it rolls up the
inlane and hits the target.

-c
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 11:24:39 AM

Mike Schudel wrote:
> I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
> the hardest to COLLECT and why.
>
> FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
> down.
>
> (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
> hit the target just bouncing around.)

Gotta give the nod to Whitewaterwater. That game has the only EB shot
that I won't even bother attempting when it's lit. Instead, I'll just
start the next multiball and hope something careens into it.

Risk/reward ratio on the WWh20 shot suuucks.
September 14, 2005 12:59:02 PM

TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
> Mike Schudel wrote:
> > I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
> > the hardest to COLLECT and why.
> >
> > FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
> > down.
> >
> > (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball will
> > hit the target just bouncing around.)
>
> Gotta give the nod to Whitewaterwater. That game has the only EB shot
> that I won't even bother attempting when it's lit. Instead, I'll just
> start the next multiball and hope something careens into it.
>
> Risk/reward ratio on the WWh20 shot suuucks.

WH20's EB, however, I've seen some very clever methods at trying to
collect it

1. Hack and Pray
2. Tap and backhand from right flipper
3. Shoot right inlane, hit target as it goes up

some others I can't think of atm
September 14, 2005 2:30:19 PM

>I can get Extra Balls all day in STTNG. Bonus 10X, collect EB,
>next ball, Bonus 10X, collect EB, repeat ad absurdium.

I rarely get bonus to 10x. Guess I need to shoot the right orbit more
and maybe tweak up my pop bumpers so the ball kicks back upward more.
Also, the ball kicks back down the orbit most of the time after hitting
the drop target, so maybe I'll have to look into that. It never really
bothered me since I get more chances at the delta ramp. I need to get
to the 'ad absurdium' level and maybe I can finally break 10 billion
without a buy-in.

That brings to mind another hard EB to collect - beating level six on
the STTNG Battle Simulation mode.

Thanks
John
September 14, 2005 2:51:17 PM

PT wrote:
> >I can get Extra Balls all day in STTNG. Bonus 10X, collect EB,
> >next ball, Bonus 10X, collect EB, repeat ad absurdium.
>
> I rarely get bonus to 10x. Guess I need to shoot the right orbit more
> and maybe tweak up my pop bumpers so the ball kicks back upward more.
> Also, the ball kicks back down the orbit most of the time after hitting
> the drop target, so maybe I'll have to look into that. It never really
> bothered me since I get more chances at the delta ramp. I need to get
> to the 'ad absurdium' level and maybe I can finally break 10 billion
> without a buy-in.
>
> That brings to mind another hard EB to collect - beating level six on
> the STTNG Battle Simulation mode.
>
> Thanks
> John

Well, besides the fact that it is very important in general to hit the
right orbit, I actually get bonus 10x using the 'throw away' Ferengi
and Cardassian multiballs.

Balls get autoplunged up there, give bonus X, on Ferengi I will often
just let the ball drain in the beginning and then hit NZ again to get
the ball to autoplunge up there again.

People have told me the Level 6 Battle Sim EB is the EASIEST to
collect, but I cannot hit the NZ shot from the gun reliably. In fact I
usually don't attempt to win Battle Sim at ALL, I try to start Battle
Sim with Lock lit, and get the ball either to the left flipper or left
gun.

If you lock a ball during Battle Sim, and the game autoplunges a ball,
the standup stays down, the ball goes into the lock, LIGHTING it! In
essence most shots to Lock while Lock Lit while Battle Sim is running
count double. On top of that if you start Multiball while Battle Sim
is running, although the mode itself is suspended during Multiball, the
drop target STAYS DOWN the whole time! This means all autoplunged
balls go into the lock and feed the left flipper for shot at Jackpot.
(rather than hit the drop target and come out of jets uncontrollably)

If I have a left gun shot during Battle Sim (i.p. when Lock Lit) I will
either shoot the right ramp and nudge the ball from right flipper to
left to attempt to shoot the right orbit, or on STTNGs that will allow
it I will simply shoot the right orbit straight from the left gun.

Also note that the Double Lock trick doesn't work if Video Mode lit (as
the ball won't be autoplunged after video mode)
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 2:55:24 PM

imho, the toughest eb to collect is in tspp.

while crazy eb can be quite hard to collect if you don't get a mb
going, there is one that is even harder.

you need to get 5 hurry-ups in a row to collect it.

think that is easy?

try for the H.U. special, where you have to collect all 6! ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:12:47 PM

The extra ball in Getaways video mode!!

> I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which
> is
> the hardest to COLLECT and why.
>
> FishTales. Better get that "trap the ball backhanded right flipper shot"
> down.
>
> (HM: WWater. Tough spot to shoot for and recover...hopefully the ball
> will
> hit the target just bouncing around.)
>
> Others?
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

September 14, 2005 4:42:18 PM

Mike Schudel wrote:
> I'm NOT talking about which is the hardest to LIGHT, but once lit, which is
> the hardest to COLLECT and why.

TZ's Lock/EB shot, on machines that have not been properly adjusted -
it's truly sad to see it go all the way in, pop out, and go SDTM. -JW
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 10:15:01 PM

I'll put in another vote for WW. I swear there are several magnets at
the bottom of the outlanes and below the flippers that energize right
after you smack the EB target. Must be listed in the manual as the
"insta-drain" feature. Totally pisses me off...you collect the EB,
immediately lose the one you're playing, and then jump around the room
cursing that damn shot.

Ted
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 11:19:04 PM

Getting an eb in target alpha is tricky. No sure fire way to get the
ball to go to the upper playfield lanes. And once you drain, it is
gone.

Jeff
!