1 host/player and 1 player behind the same router in MW4 M..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 29, 2004 1:29:06 AM

I posted this question in another forum but couldn't get an answer that
worked so I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me. I'm trying
to find a way of

hosting a game on the MS Game Zone with 2 people (me and my son) playing MW
Mercs behind the same router.

The router (LinksysBEFSR41) is working great. Without any changes to the
default router config, my son and I can play in the same MS Game Zone,
MechWarrior

Mercs game. I can even host TeamSpeak and we can talk with each other
durnig game play. But I can't host a game that my son can also join. Here
is what I have

tried so far and it hasn't worked.

I used DXPort to open these ports:

2302-2311 on PC#1
2312-2321 on PC#2

In the Router, I've forwarded these ports:

2302-2311 (TCP & UDP) to PC1
2312-2321 (TCP & UDP) to PC2
47624-47624 (TCP & UDP) to PC1

***I've also tried opening the full range of ports (2300-2400) on both PC's
but that didn't help either***

We can still play in the same game room, I can host TeamSpeak and we can
talk, I can host a game but my son can't join. His PC starts to go through
the join process

but then gets kicked back out to the lobby.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mack

(WinXP Home SP2, Westell WireSpeed DSL modem, LinksysBEFSR41, Pacbell-Yahoo
ISP).

PS: While searching other forums I found this similar article about the
game "Medal of Honor". I wonder if something like this can be done in Mercs?:

"This article has been tested with Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and
Allied Assault: Spearhead Edition

You will experience difficulties with Medal of Honor because both computers
will attempt to connect to the same internet port (12203). This will cause
problems when

working behind a router. To prevent this from happening, you’ll have to
tell the game to use a different port:

· Right click on the game short cut and go to Properties.

· When the Game Properties window appears, go to the “Target� field.
In this field you’ll see something similar to “C:\Program Files\EA

GAMES\MOHAA\moh_spearhead.exe�. You will need to add +set net_port 12203 to
the end of “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHAA\moh_spearhead.exe� on the

first computer, and on the second one, you’ll add +set net_port 12204 on
the second computer. For our example, the first computers “Target� field
will look similar to

this:
“C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHAA\moh_spearhead.exe� +set net_port 12203
The second computer’s “Target� field would look similar to this:
“C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHAA\moh_spearhead.exe� +set net_port 12204

· After you complete those steps click Apply then click OK and you
should be able to have both computers on at the same time.

Thanks again for the help.

--
Mack
Anonymous

Mack wrote:

> I posted this question in another forum but couldn't get an answer that
> worked so I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me. I'm trying
> to find a way of
>
> hosting a game on the MS Game Zone with 2 people (me and my son) playing MW
> Mercs behind the same router.
>
> The router (LinksysBEFSR41) is working great. Without any changes to the
> default router config, my son and I can play in the same MS Game Zone,
> MechWarrior
>
> Mercs game. I can even host TeamSpeak and we can talk with each other
> durnig game play. But I can't host a game that my son can also join.
>
> --
> Mack

Here's a helpful site:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#...

--

+Elmo_Tech
November 29, 2004 7:25:07 PM

Thanks for the reply +Elmo_Tech but as noted in my original post, I've
already tried using DXport as suggested in that link. I also read about
getting the second IP address but there's an additional monthly fee for that.
I think I can use a combination of DXport and Port Forwarding in the router
to do what I want, it's just that I don't have the techincal knowledge to do
it. I was hoping someone with Tech skills might know the proper way of
configuring DXport and Router for this particular game on the MS Zone so that
I could both host a game and play in it and my son could also join the game.
I posted this question at MechWarrior sites and so far have not had any
successful answers. Mack

"+Elmo_Tech" wrote:

> Mack wrote:
> >
> > I posted this question in another forum but couldn't get an answer that
> > worked so I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me. I'm trying
> > to find a way of
> >
> > hosting a game on the MS Game Zone with 2 people (me and my son) playing MW
> > Mercs behind the same router.
> >
> > The router (LinksysBEFSR41) is working great. Without any changes to the
> > default router config, my son and I can play in the same MS Game Zone,
> > MechWarrior
> >
> > Mercs game. I can even host TeamSpeak and we can talk with each other
> > durnig game play. But I can't host a game that my son can also join.
> >
> > --
> > Mack
>
> Here's a helpful site:
>
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#...
>
> --
>
> +Elmo_Tech

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 1:54:46 AM

Mack wrote:

> Thanks for the reply +Elmo_Tech but as noted in my original post, I've
> already tried using DXport as suggested in that link. I also read about
> getting the second IP address but there's an additional monthly fee for that.
> I think I can use a combination of DXport and Port Forwarding in the router
> to do what I want, it's just that I don't have the techincal knowledge to do
> it. I was hoping someone with Tech skills might know the proper way of
> configuring DXport and Router for this particular game on the MS Zone so that
> I could both host a game and play in it and my son could also join the game.
> I posted this question at MechWarrior sites and so far have not had any
> successful answers. Mack
>
> "+Elmo_Tech" wrote:
>
> > Mack wrote:
> > >
> > > I posted this question in another forum but couldn't get an answer that
> > > worked so I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me. I'm trying
> > > to find a way of
> > >
> > > hosting a game on the MS Game Zone with 2 people (me and my son) playing MW
> > > Mercs behind the same router.
> > >
> > > The router (LinksysBEFSR41) is working great. Without any changes to the
> > > default router config, my son and I can play in the same MS Game Zone,
> > > MechWarrior
> > >
> > > Mercs game. I can even host TeamSpeak and we can talk with each other
> > > durnig game play. But I can't host a game that my son can also join.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mack
> >
> > Here's a helpful site:
> >
> > http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#...

You might do a google groups search on setting up DXPort. Here's one I
typed in; you might change the parameters of the search for more, or
less specific results.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dxport+setup&ie=ISO-8...

Click the "View Thread" link on pertinent threads, then click the Back
button to continue the search.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support