Can't connect after Service Pack 2 Installation

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Connection
  • Microsoft
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
September 25, 2004 2:46:16 AM

I just installed the service pack 2 on windows xp and now
I am getting a message about a known incompatibility and
can no longer access the internet. Where do I need to go
to get the fix and how can I get it on my laptop now that
my wireless connection to the internet is non functional?

Also, is it true that I will have to remove the Norton
Firewall from my computer? I really don't want to use the
microsoft firewall that was loaded on my computer without
my request.

Thanks

More about : connect service pack installation

Anonymous
September 26, 2004 7:34:49 AM

Get the update here
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...

You'll need to make sure Norton's firewall doesn't interfere with the
installation.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed the service pack 2 on windows xp and now
> I am getting a message about a known incompatibility and
> can no longer access the internet. Where do I need to go
> to get the fix and how can I get it on my laptop now that
> my wireless connection to the internet is non functional?
>
> Also, is it true that I will have to remove the Norton
> Firewall from my computer? I really don't want to use the
> microsoft firewall that was loaded on my computer without
> my request.
>
> Thanks
September 27, 2004 10:13:44 AM

this update does not solve the problem. I've installed
and uninstalled Service pack 2 twice, and the Broadband
Networking update makes no difference. And after
uninstalling SP2, all other Windows updates now fail.

DLoadMain.mspx

!