How much to invest in a 1972 Chicago Coin Homerun?

Working on my first EM project, in over my head and probably too much
$$$. As I am looking forward, what do you think a finished/working
Homerun game would be worth? I hate to get in any further over my
head. Thanks for your thoughts!

Thanks for your input, yes it is a pitch & bat game. I paid $300 for
it as is, which so far includes a broken gear in motor, if I am able to
fix that I will continue on to see what else may be wrong. It sounds
like I shouldn't put a lot more money into it, again this is a "fun"
hobby for me, so not trying to make a living, but also don't want to
throw good money after bad. I wish I would have know about your World
Series, for $100 I could afford to spend some time and money on a
project, this is all a learning experience for me.
Thanks again

Elvis

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

i tell ya from my perspective..that b ball games get "boring"..but are
beautiful too look at!! i had a 1958 shortstop..that was a yawner..but
a gorgeous thing too look at! i sold it for a nice profit!

b ball games are always good because they always seem too in demand..
but the siae of these is what really hurts them..some are so big...you
need extra space for them,..or they wont go into a room at all...

good luck on fixing yours up..and i hope you can get a little more than
you put in!

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

I imagine you are talking about the pitch and bat game, not a pin.

Hate to tell you this. People tend to go EM for the charm, not the money.
Most EM games from the 70's like gun games, driving, shooting unless very
sought after tend to go $300-$400. If a classic or in awesome condition
tack on another $100. The real collectible ones are from the 50's and
earlier.

Another reason no one wants them is because they are so big and heavy. Some
pitch and bats won't even fit through a regular home door. I just passed on
a 1974 Chicago Coin Deluxe World Series for $100 because of it's size.

I hope your meaning of $$$ is less than mine - Good luck - Dave