I have a fully functioning Whirlwind in my dormroom at college, just
moved it in Saturday. Ever since I put it in the room it has been
played non-stop. Now obviously this is just a small sample of people
in a controlled enviroment, but maybe its a sign for optimism just the
same. Any thoughts?

lol yeah, set it to quarter play at least :)

With "free" electricity in a dorm, your could make some nice book money
:)

I dont charge friends, but some putz that jus sorta walks in, they'd
have to ante up.

I'd like to do a ms pac/galaga but I gotta move some things around to
maximize available room. I love galaga and my school is 70% female, so
the ms pac is for them i suppose.

Haha if my future has anything to do with coin op i suppose i better
change the free play ways of mine rather soon.

I just got a WW, and am also enjoying it a great deal. We had a
Championship baseball Sega machine in a Bar I freequented with my
fraternity brothers. That was my first addition to my home collection.
You may influence another persons collection in that manner.

Best of luck at school this fall.

Robert

Yes, a place that provides free entertainment will attract crowds. I hope
you are basing your education on something that will provide you with a
better future. LTG :)

"JKirby" <JKirby74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a fully functioning Whirlwind in my dormroom at college, just
> moved it in Saturday. Ever since I put it in the room it has been
> played non-stop. Now obviously this is just a small sample of people
> in a controlled enviroment, but maybe its a sign for optimism just the
> same. Any thoughts?

Are they playing for free???

John!

JKirby wrote:
> I have a fully functioning Whirlwind in my dormroom at college, just
> moved it in Saturday. Ever since I put it in the room it has been
> played non-stop. Now obviously this is just a small sample of people
> in a controlled enviroment, but maybe its a sign for optimism just the
> same. Any thoughts?

SO that was your room I passed today with the sign, "Play pinball, bring
beer"

Put a video beside it for a "real" test...

John!

JKirby wrote:
> I dont charge friends, but some putz that jus sorta walks in, they'd
> have to ante up.

Boy, are you gonna be popular!!!! We'll just call you "Lucky"...

John!

JKirby wrote:
> I'd like to do a ms pac/galaga but I gotta move some things around to
> maximize available room. I love galaga and my school is 70% female, so
> the ms pac is for them i suppose.

Humm, I wonder what my LOTR and HSII will pull in when I go off to college?
I've been thinking, do I really need a bed in there? A slim matress WOULD
clear the depth of those machines wouldnt they? I know, I'll go find that
guy who wants to trade matresses for pins, surely he could hook me up!

--Eric

yes, sleeping under them side by side would make a cozy little bed.
the legs could act as protectors to keep friends from doing pranks to
you while your passed out from partying.