Windows 7 re-install

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Ubuntu
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows 7
December 19, 2012 4:53:28 AM

I have a Gateway Zx 4351 and the mobo fried, I changed the mobo to a Asus. I installed Ubuntu on the HDD as windows 7 was not loading. I don't have the discs for windows 7 with me. I have Windows XP disc so I installed Windows XP and removed Ubuntu. Is there a way to download windows 7 64 bit and install it using the product key that is on the computer sticker? I don't want to run XP as it's 32 bit version and it's not recognizing my 7 gb RAM, it shows only 3 gb of it, and Ubuntu was the worst experience (Sorry Linux lovers)

More about : windows install

a b $ Windows 7
December 19, 2012 5:04:58 AM

illiterati said:
I have a Gateway Zx 4351 and the mobo fried, I changed the mobo to a Asus. I installed Ubuntu on the HDD as windows 7 was not loading. I don't have the discs for windows 7 with me. I have Windows XP disc so I installed Windows XP and removed Ubuntu. Is there a way to download windows 7 64 bit and install it using the product key that is on the computer sticker? I don't want to run XP as it's 32 bit version and it's not recognizing my 7 gb RAM, it shows only 3 gb of it, and Ubuntu was the worst experience (Sorry Linux lovers)

email gateway see what the cost of replacement disk are. also check ebay for replacement disks.then look on ebay for retail or oem of windows 7.
m
l
December 19, 2012 11:43:14 AM

If I get replacement discs from Gateway, would I be able to install on my new Asus mobo/hdd. Bec I have an HP laptop and I do have the disc for Win 7, provided by HP, but when I tried to install from that, it gave an error message and could not install.
m
l
Related resources
a c 210 $ Windows 7
December 19, 2012 12:00:06 PM

You won't be able to use the product key on the gateway. the Key is for the gateway only. Should have get a new OEM key when you get the motherboard.
m
l

Best solution

December 19, 2012 12:50:09 PM

Get the correct iso from here
http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-is...

You may have to contact Microsoft to activate. Just explain that the Mobo died and you had to replace it.
December 23, 2012 9:37:11 PM

Best answer selected by illiterati.
m
l
December 23, 2012 9:39:27 PM

zdbc13 said:
Get the correct iso from here
http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-is...

You may have to contact Microsoft to activate. Just explain that the Mobo died and you had to replace it.

Hey zdbc13 that worked man, unbelievable. I was emailing Windows for a week and they said NO outright. But when I followed, what you suggested, it worked like magic. Thanks
m
l
December 24, 2012 11:36:57 AM

That's good. Happy Holidays!
m
l
!