Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Multi Monitor Displays

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 8, 2011 6:20:15 PM

Hello everyone. On gaming monitors, I want to get a resolution of 1920x1200. TN monitors are mentioned for gaming but they don't have that resolution. I would prefer IPS monitors but I've read that the 6ms response time isn't very good for gaming. Am I missing something when others talk about great gaming quality monitors with a resolution of 2560 x 1440??

More about : multi monitor displays

a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
December 8, 2011 6:20:48 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Computer Peripherals by Mousemonkey
m
l
December 16, 2011 1:50:18 AM

Mousemonkey said:
This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Computer Peripherals by Mousemonkey

Thank you. :)  And thanks for moving my thread to the right place Mr. Mouse. ;) 

Actually, I am looking for a two monitor set up. I do not want both for gaming, just one while the other one does other stuff. I would want the "gaming" monitor to be 27 or 30 inches and the other monitor to be at least 24", if I can do that... have two different size monitors working at the same time and be able to switch back and forth easily.

Thank you again. :) 
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
December 16, 2011 7:23:49 AM

Switching back and forth can be a real trick. If you are playing in full screen mode, the machine will want to drop out of that any time you click on the other monitor.

Large IPS monitors are also a bit tricky for gaming. Imho anything bigger than 27" is too big, you can't see the whole screen at once (though I have no objection to multi-monitor for peripheral vision).

However, 27" IPS panels haven't been tuned for gaming (their response times are bad), and you'll actually get better performance from a 30 incher.

For gaming, you want a panel with a 7ms or lower response time. In 24" Try a dell u24112m or an hp zr2440w (or zr24w).

If you go 30" try the hp zr30w. It's lack of an OSD gives it lower input lag while maintaining a respectable response time.
December 26, 2011 3:26:48 AM

Thanks all. Very much appreciate your input.

I am thinking of a 27" for gaming and a 24" for 'other' stuff. I 'think' I can use both at the same time... I hope. :( 

Ya, the Dell 24" ultrasharp looks good and has good reviews. Just not sure on a IPS for a 27"er. I should be building this in mid January.

Thank you again for your time.

:hello: 
m
l
December 26, 2011 3:27:04 AM

Best answer selected by NoviceNob.
m
l
!