Hello; Mike here. Let me just say first that I have dealt with Alan in
the past several times, and he was great. The quality of his products
was top notch. He had good customer service, and seemed very nice to
deal with. I was very satisfied. Unfortunately he apparently has fallen
on bad times, and has now decided to become a crook. He advertised
plastics for sale, and I contacted him, and worked out a deal, and
payed him with paypal a month ago. Since then I have recieved no
plastics, and have not heard from him. When we were working out the
deal, he answered all of my emails promply. Since he recieved my money,
he has not answered any of the multiple emails that I have sent. I
guess I will have to file a claim or something with Paypal, although I
have never had to do that, and doubt that anything will come of it. I
just wanted to warn people to be leary of dealing with him. If Alan
does contact me, and make it right, I will be happy to inform the
group, and let them know that he made things right. I do not like when
people immediately post dirty laundry on the RGP whenever they think
that they have been wronged. I believe that it should be handled
between the 2 parties themselves, but I have made every attempt to
contact him with no reply, and it seems strange how I had absolutely no
problem contacting him before I sent the money, but it is now
impossible to contact him once he has my money. Mike.

That's odd - Doesn't sound like Alan - I'll see if I can get you some
alternative contact info.

I am sorry to hear about you recent experience. I too know Alan, and
have had very favorable interactions with him. I have purchased seven
games from Alan over a two year period. The DW had developed a mind of
it"s own many months after the warrenty period had past. Alan came all
the way from North of LA to Dana Point picked the machine up and worked
on it for a few weeks. He brought the game back to me and installed the
game. The price was free of charge.

I am sorry if something has caused Alan to delay your order. He is a
solid person, and I can only hope a quick resolution to his present
situation. The games he sold me were at a fair price, and in good
condition.

Robert

I am looking for an ES in good condition.

Well stated Del. Alan deserves the benefit of the Doubt.

Robert

I have been waiting since April. Every once and in awhile I email him
and I will sometimes get a reply saying they will be shipped. As of yet
I am waiting. A crook? Doubtful. Too busy? Probably. Buy from again?
Never. Don

I believe Alan has sold his rights to some of the backglass art and the
person he sold to shipped you the glass. Was it from a Steve? I
recently asked Alan for a Gorgar glass and that is who he directed me
to.

Good guy, sorry to here the news.

I'm in the same boat with an order from Alan. He posted some plastics
available on Mr. Pinball classifieds last month and I worked out a deal
with him and sent paypal payment Aug. 18th. He told me the order was in
the mail but haven't seen anything yet and haven't gotten any replies
to my emails. I'm in N. Cal. and shipments from S. Cal. usually don't
take any time at all. This was my first direct purchase from Alan but
I've gotten some nicely made repros by him thru vendors in the past.
Just checked paypal and they give 45 days so I'll have to file a claim
with them soon if I don't get any response. I too prefer to give him
the benefit of the doubt but his lack of response is disconcerting and
my order was fairly large.

I was pretty excited to get some plastics I've been looking for but
from other posts I doubt I'll see them. Hopefully they will show up
soon.

GregO.

Hello; Mike here. I am sorry about the double post at the beginning of
this thread. My computer locked up when I sent the first post, and I
did not think that it had posted, so i posted again. My mistake. I too
would like to give Alan the benefit of the doubt. As I said, my
dealings with him in the past have been good. I have a large collection
of over 20 pins myself, and i work on a lot of local people's pins. I
order 1,000's of dollars in pinball parts every year from all of the
major manufacturers. I have great relationships with all of them
because I do what I say, and I always pay. Since I posted my inbox has
been swamped with emails from people who also answered the add placed
by Alan on Mr Pinball on the 17th of august for items for sale. Not 1
person has recieved any parts even though they have been paid for. I
have not had 1 person contact me who has recieved any parts from that
add that was placed. one person did say that maybe Alan was a victim of
Identity fraud, and someone posted a fake add useing his name. If that
was indeed the case, then I would owe Alan an appologee, and i would
post it for all to see immediately. Regardless of what the truth is,
there are a lot of people caught up in this mess. Unfortunately it
looks to me like a lot of people may be out some sizeable amounts of
money. I am self employed, and unfortunately over the years I have seen
many people who were 100% honest, and trustworthy who became the exact
opposite whenever times got tough. I hope that this is not the case
this time. I did not want to start any arguments, and maybe the use of
the word crook was a bit too much, but something is definately starting
to sound fishy. I hope that Alan will be able to shed some light on the
matter. Mike.

I dont want to speculate on the specifics of this deal gone awry, but
if you pay someone with your credit card through paypal, and you time
to file a claim with paypal expires, you can always work out a
chargeback/refund from your credit card company. Credit card chargeback
time limits are much longer, at least 90 days I believe.

-cAyle

Haven't we learned from history? Is this thread going to come to
another finger-pointing exercise, to be concluded by Allan coming on
himself and leaving some expletive-strewn excuse for why he is a flake?
Because we all know he's not a crook, he's a flake. As Frank Zappa
said, in the track of that name (from "Sheik Yerbouti"), "the west
coast's got the most of them, boy they got a host of them".....
Steve Vassiliadis wrote:
> Ok, I know one person who did get his pair of plastics. So It probably isn't
> identity fraud.
>
> I suggest you get your money back via paypal if you can.
>

> "turbo" <hpu@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hello; Mike here. I am sorry about the double post at the beginning of
> > this thread. My computer locked up when I sent the first post, and I
> > did not think that it had posted, so i posted again. My mistake. I too
> > would like to give Alan the benefit of the doubt. As I said, my
> > dealings with him in the past have been good. I have a large collection
> > of over 20 pins myself, and i work on a lot of local people's pins. I
> > order 1,000's of dollars in pinball parts every year from all of the
> > major manufacturers. I have great relationships with all of them
> > because I do what I say, and I always pay. Since I posted my inbox has
> > been swamped with emails from people who also answered the add placed
> > by Alan on Mr Pinball on the 17th of august for items for sale. Not 1
> > person has recieved any parts even though they have been paid for. I
> > have not had 1 person contact me who has recieved any parts from that
> > add that was placed. one person did say that maybe Alan was a victim of
> > Identity fraud, and someone posted a fake add useing his name. If that
> > was indeed the case, then I would owe Alan an appologee, and i would
> > post it for all to see immediately. Regardless of what the truth is,
> > there are a lot of people caught up in this mess. Unfortunately it
> > looks to me like a lot of people may be out some sizeable amounts of
> > money. I am self employed, and unfortunately over the years I have seen
> > many people who were 100% honest, and trustworthy who became the exact
> > opposite whenever times got tough. I hope that this is not the case
> > this time. I did not want to start any arguments, and maybe the use of
> > the word crook was a bit too much, but something is definately starting
> > to sound fishy. I hope that Alan will be able to shed some light on the
> > matter. Mike.

I've bought stuff from Alan in the past as well without issue, but had a
strange dealing with him recently.
I bid on, and one of the Black Knight 2K backglasses that someone had
previously bought from him.

A day or so after the auction was over, I recieved an eBay e-mail from him
(Alan), stating that he had set up an alternative way to pay for the
backglass...and that I was supposed to send him a Money Order directly in
the mail.
Figuring it was some kind of a scam, I deleted his note, and went ahead and
used the normal checkout/paypal procedure...and the backglass arrived no
problem.
It didn't come from Alan though..
Weird.

<dmerki@charter.net> wrote in message
> I have been waiting since April. Every once and in awhile I email him
> and I will sometimes get a reply saying they will be shipped. As of yet
> I am waiting. A crook? Doubtful. Too busy? Probably. Buy from again?
> Never. Don

Well I just got an email from Alan tonight. Apparently package was
shipped to wrong address and is being reshipped so maybe there is some
hope. Hope to receive the package soon and post some positive results.

GregO.

woz

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004

I'm in the same situation. I too have dealt with Alan on several occasions
and have had no reasons to complain about the service and product.
However... I paid for some bumper caps back in May and haven't received them
yet. Since I am in Canada I am usually patient with customs but this is way
too long! I emailed him in July and he said he would send another set - I
still haven't received them :( I emailed Alan again a couple of weeks ago
and received no response.

Is it too late to file a claim with PayPal?

Anyone have a current email address for Alan? Last email I had from him was
pinballexpress@hotmail.com

Woz

In article <lkKVe.231324$9A2.229777@edtnps89>, Woz says...

>Is it too late to file a claim with PayPal?

Too late. You had 30 days.

And.... after that, he won't LET you buy from him anymore
if you post anything considered negative about him.

No parts for you!!

(Or me either I guess.)

--
Fred
TX

Chester County Pinball said:

-Well stated Del. Alan deserves the benefit of the Doubt.

Not really. Recent history (last 6 months) including a rather harsh
post from Alan himself would say that his benefit of the doubt has run
out (damn that sounds like Johnny Cochran). A year ago? Sure. Now?
No. Maybe not a crook but communicative before the sale and
incommunicado after he gets the money? You of course are free to
continue to deal with him, but buyers shouldn't have to wait months for
their packages, and should not have to email several times to try and
receive their packages. Sure I only bought a spinner directly from
him, with overinflated shipping costs (It doesn't cost $12 to ship a
spinner, especially if all you do is drop it in first class mail that
costs 95 cents, with the mailer costing $2 tops.) It also does not
take 4 months and 3 or 4 emails (all of which were answered, each
stating "it slipped my mind I will ship it tomorrow") to ship
something.

Bad business practices.

anyone know a contact number...I have emailed him several times with no
response.

No doubt & I agree 100%. This thread (although TOTALLY valid) is bound
to end with Alan spewing his mouth off. The sad part is that, in the
amount of time Alan's totally unprofessional swearing rants take to
type, he could have shipped those flaked-out orders.

He'll no doubt call everyone here idiots (likely worse) for
"speculating without the information." If Alan had any business
education, he'd know that's what affects business most is..."brand"
image and perception. After seeing countless posts like this, I'll
never buy directly from him. After seeing his totally low-class
swearing response rants here, I'll never even buy indirectly from him
again. What the bozo also doesn't realize is that, when he pisses
people off, it also hurts good resellers like Ray.

Andy

Never too late to do a chargeback on your credit card! Phuck PayPal - I'd
go through my bank and my bank would tell them that for me!

Andy

"Walter Slotnick" <ws@notspammed.com> wrote in message
> In article <lkKVe.231324$9A2.229777@edtnps89>, Woz says...
>
>>Is it too late to file a claim with PayPal?
>
> Too late. You had 30 days.

did Ray post a bit back that he would no longer be carrying Alan Meyer
repros? (Were they licensed anyway?)

Yep this is similar to my experience as well. Except I paid for backglass
lift channels and never received them.

Got to say though a friend recently purchased some BK2K slingshot plastics
from Alan and did receive them. However he wasn't happy with the quality.

"Woz" <adara_wmNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

> add that was placed. one person did say that maybe Alan was a victim of
> Identity fraud, and someone posted a fake add useing his name. If that
> was indeed the case, then I would owe Alan an appologee, and i would
> post it for all to see immediately. Regardless of what the truth is,
> there are a lot of people caught up in this mess. Unfortunately it
> looks to me like a lot of people may be out some sizeable amounts of
> money. I am self employed, and unfortunately over the years I have seen
> many people who were 100% honest, and trustworthy who became the exact
> opposite whenever times got tough. I hope that this is not the case
> this time. I did not want to start any arguments, and maybe the use of
> the word crook was a bit too much, but something is definately starting
> to sound fishy. I hope that Alan will be able to shed some light on the

To be honest, I'm not sure. Could very well be. I hope so, actually,
as Ray's a great guy.

Ben