Life After Death 2 - New Pinball DVD Release

First of all, I want to say THANKS to all of you that purchased a copy
of Life After Death through Popbumper.com and GameRoom Magazine. It has
been fantastic to fill orders consistantly since it was released this
past Spring. But now it was time to do another one!

Life After Death 2 - Building a Better Bride
Covers a NOS Playfield Swap in Bride of Pinbot with a parallel shop out
by Steve on Jackbot. Expect a review in the October issue of GameRoom
Magazine.

If you liked the first one, LAD2 is leaps and bounds better. The video
quality is 100 times better, everything was recorded in stereo, and the
licensed music is something I think most of you guys will really
appreciate. And I even plug in a 5 minute featurette of "PinCam"!

DVD is $14.95, available through Popbumper.com & GameRoom Magazine only
- will be released on September 24th at The Heartland Pinball & Arcade
Supershow - Popbumper.com table. You can pre-order now! And keep an eye
out for the review at www.gameroommagazine.com.

Thank You - Rob Craig
4 answers Last reply
More about life death pinball release

    Just a point of clarification after reading this post. The DVD is
    CURRENTLY available at Popbumper.com & GameRoom Magazine as a release
    on Sept. 24th. This is not exclusive and COULD be available through
    other "pinball places" such as Marco Specialties...Pinball Resource ...
    anyone who works out a deal to distribute. I am at the mercy of
    GameRoom Magazine's review as the first to publish info on the
    video...so you might want to read it first before dropping cash (if
    your a first time LAD viewer) OR read someone here at RGP's review
    should one be posted in the near future.
    -RC:>

    The first one was fun, I'll definately be getting this one!

    How does this series compare to the TOPS videos?

    On 15 Sep 2005 10:33:12 -0700, laned1@hotmail.com wrote:

    >How does this series compare to the TOPS videos?

    The series doesn't compare, because Rob isn't trying to do the same
    thing. Read below and you'll get an idea of what the Life After Death
    series is all about. I haven't seen part 2 yet, but part 1 was very
    much worth it. Rob says the quality is better on part 2, so I'll be
    getting one and can very easily encourage everyone to get both.

    If you must have a comparison, there is no Sapphire :^( , but there
    is also no Norm interrupting every five seconds as you try to hear
    what's being said.

    Rick

    Popbumper Mar 7, 12:28 pm show options

    Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
    From: "Popbumper" <t...@popbumper.com> - Find messages by this author
    Date: 7 Mar 2005 09:28:12 -0800
    Subject: Life After Death - New Popbumper.com DVD
    | Report Abuse

    I would like to officially anounce the new Popbumper Pinball Video -
    Life After Death.

    This video covers PRACTICAL restoration of "left for dead" machines. A
    Stern Meteor is featured in the first half of the video with 5 to 10
    minute segments on Stern Nine Ball, Bally Space Invaders, & Bally
    Strange Science. A final wrap up covering several machines is at the
    end.

    Total running time - 1 hr. 58 minutes.
    Cost $12 to 16 depending on how you want it shipped.

    Those that have purchased it and/or reviewed are calling it the best
    Popbumper.com video to date.

    Visit Popbumper.com or go direct to
    http://www.popbumper.com/4sale/media/media4sale.htm .

    Thanks,
    Rob C:>

    kirb Mar 7, 12:53 pm show options

    Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
    From: "kirb" <kirbse...@yahoo.com> - Find messages by this author
    Date: 7 Mar 2005 09:53:34 -0800
    Subject: Re: Life After Death - New Popbumper.com DVD
    | Report Abuse

    >This video covers PRACTICAL restoration >of "left for dead" machines.

    What does that mean? I guess I'd be looking for the extent of the
    "restoration".

    Thanks
    Kirb

    Popbumper Mar 8, 1:21 am show options

    Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
    From: "Popbumper" <t...@popbumper.com> - Find messages by this author
    Date: 7 Mar 2005 22:21:25 -0800
    | Report Abuse

    Practical - concerned with actual use or practice

    The video is more about getting machines back up and playing well than
    it is about how to create your own wireforms, clearcoat methods, or
    in-depth circuit board repair. Lot's of things are touched upon
    briefly
    but nothing is in-depth. There are other guides and videos out there
    that have already covered that angle. Those are mentioned for the
    viewer in the video.

    There is a theme throughout the video. It's about how far do you go
    during the restoration. I want the game to boot up, run reliably, and
    play well mechanically. Cosmetics are a plus. But the "other guy"
    Steve
    is just the opposite, he wants to sandblast the legs, have an
    automotive guy re-spray them, have the playfield touched up by a
    professional, ... you see where I'm going. It's good conflict and
    should make for an interesting show.

    -Rob C:>

    kirb wrote:
    > >This video covers PRACTICAL restoration >of "left for dead"
    machines.

    > What does that mean? I guess I'd be looking for the extent of the
    > "restoration".

    > Thanks
    > Kirb

    the haaarpers Mar 8, 2:03 pm show options

    Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
    From: the haaarpers <rlhar...@mchsi.com> - Find messages by this
    author
    Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:03:32 GMT

    On 7 Mar 2005 09:53:34 -0800, "kirb" <kirbse...@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >>This video covers PRACTICAL restoration >of "left for dead" machines.

    >What does that mean? I guess I'd be looking for the extent of the
    >"restoration".

    >Thanks
    >Kirb

    I've seen the DVD and it's more than worth the cost.
    It's part commentary on how machines are being left for dead,
    part restorartion tips and a whole lot of fun to watch.

    Rob doesn't try to compete with the This Old Pinball series.
    As a matter of fact, he often defers to that "higher power"
    if you're looking for all of the in-depth stuff.

    It's a well done DVD and worth your time & money.

    Rick

Video Games