Asus g73 MXM graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
sometime you can, i swap my 9800MGS for a GTX260M in my G50VT, but you have to find the right card cause asus use non standard mxm card, they are reversed and so damn hard to find. dont ask to asus tech, they dont know nothing ....
you can ask xoticpc if its possible, but i dont think cause you can have those card in sli/cf option. it depend of the board more

HTDuro

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
sometime you can, i swap my 9800MGS for a GTX260M in my G50VT, but you have to find the right card cause asus use non standard mxm card, they are reversed and so damn hard to find. dont ask to asus tech, they dont know nothing ....
you can ask xoticpc if its possible, but i dont think cause you can have those card in sli/cf option. it depend of the board more

Solution
G

Hi!

You will be able to do the swap, but it might involve using a modified bios.

What type of G73 do you have ?e.g G73h G73jh G73xx or whatever? I can then check the bios and tell you what is supported
without BIOS mods :)

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Hi!

What type of G73 do you have ?e.g G73h G73jh G73xx or whatever? I can then check the bios and tell you what is supported

I have an Asus G72 (Best Buy model) & have been wondering if I could upgrade the GeForce GTX 260M to a GeForce GTX 460M. Both boards/cards are MXM type 3-B form factors. The TDP of the 260M is 75 watts while the 460M is 72 watts. Is this possible and how hard would it be? I see the 460M can deliver gains of upwards of 30% over the 260M and I also would like DX11 support.

G

Hi!

I have asus g73jh

Status
Not open for further replies.