Dr. Who Pinball Help

hi I have a dr who pinball machine that i need help repairing, i get errors
for switches 71 and 75, the other switches work fine, i replaced the boards
in the mini playfield #5768-13195-01 and 5768-13196-01the led and opto
boards with new ones with no luck, i then replaced the 10 switch opto board
A-15430 with no luck, can some one dirrect me in the next course of action.
thanks giovanni

I also forgot to mention - Is the black plastic the opto boards mount
on warped at all?
My first one was slightly bent at the 75 switch end and it didn't work
- I got a new one from PBR.

Are you getting the errors when you turn the game on - or during the
switch test? Unless you activate those opto switches in the switch edge
tests (or in a game) - the tests that run when the game powers up will
still think they have not been activated.

Take the mini-playfield out and check with a digital camera that each
of the LED's is actually on.

THE DOCTOR wrote:
> hi I have a dr who pinball machine that i need help repairing, i get errors
> for switches 71 and 75, the other switches work fine, i replaced the boards
> in the mini playfield #5768-13195-01 and 5768-13196-01the led and opto
> boards with new ones with no luck, i then replaced the 10 switch opto board
> A-15430 with no luck, can some one dirrect me in the next course of action.
> thanks giovanni

Damn I forgot how many screws are in that playfield...

I get about 1.4V on the LED side between the common and each of the 5
led points on the board.

on the receiver side

I get 10-12V between the common and the each of the 5 points

I GET THE ERROR BOTH WAYS WHEN I TURN ON THE MACHINE AND WHEN I DO SWITCH
EDGE TEST NOTHING HAPPENS WHAT SHOULD THE VOLTAGES TO THE LED BE I DONT
HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA THAT DOES NIGHT VISION.

"E-Hacker" <ehacker1066@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Are you getting the errors when you turn the game on - or during the
> switch test? Unless you activate those opto switches in the switch edge
> tests (or in a game) - the tests that run when the game powers up will
> still think they have not been activated.
>
> Take the mini-playfield out and check with a digital camera that each
> of the LED's is actually on.
>

> THE DOCTOR wrote:
>> hi I have a dr who pinball machine that i need help repairing, i get
>> errors
>> for switches 71 and 75, the other switches work fine, i replaced the
>> boards
>> in the mini playfield #5768-13195-01 and 5768-13196-01the led and opto
>> boards with new ones with no luck, i then replaced the 10 switch opto
>> board
>> A-15430 with no luck, can some one dirrect me in the next course of
>> action.
>> thanks giovanni

I have also suffered from a warped mounting on DW. I solved the problem
by inserting some spacers in to force the molding back into shape.

With the assembly removed from the playfield, remove the two circuit
boards from the molding, raise the playfeld and plug it in. Check the
emitters are working with a digital camera. Then shine a flashlight
onto the emitters, and check that they respond in switch edge test.
Then double check by positioning the emitter board over the receiver.
If both emitters and receivers are working then the problem can only be
with the molding, so reassemble and see what if blocking the light
beam.this is much easier now as it is not embedded in the playfield
assembly. When the molding is warped at the ends the interruptors break
the beam when they should be clear. Then reshape or replace the molding.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-DW8655&Category_Code=

just the base it's even reasonably priced

thanks got shome weired voltages but the led was bad also where can i get
the new assembly mine is warped thanks giovanni
"Andy N" <a.netherwood@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have also suffered from a warped mounting on DW. I solved the problem
> by inserting some spacers in to force the molding back into shape.
>
> With the assembly removed from the playfield, remove the two circuit
> boards from the molding, raise the playfeld and plug it in. Check the
> emitters are working with a digital camera. Then shine a flashlight
> onto the emitters, and check that they respond in switch edge test.
> Then double check by positioning the emitter board over the receiver.
> If both emitters and receivers are working then the problem can only be
> with the molding, so reassemble and see what if blocking the light
> beam.this is much easier now as it is not embedded in the playfield
> assembly. When the molding is warped at the ends the interruptors break
> the beam when they should be clear. Then reshape or replace the molding.

just to be correct im looking for part number a-15500 whole assembly or
03-8655 just the base

<seymour-shabow@excite.com> wrote in message
> bayarea amusements had them a while back

thanks a million

THE DOCTOR wrote:
> I DONT
> HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA THAT DOES NIGHT VISION.

Pretty much any digital camera will show IR LEDs working. Try looking
at the emitter in a remote control through the camera. If you see it
light up, you should be ok.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Doesn't Radio Shack still sell there IR Sensor card? For a few bucks
it's a great tool. Just hold it in front of the LED and you can see if
it's working or not.

- Don

On 14 Sep 2005 19:36:02 -0700, "Don" <dlhenson@comcast.net> wrote:

>Doesn't Radio Shack still sell there IR Sensor card? For a few bucks
>it's a great tool. Just hold it in front of the LED and you can see if
>it's working or not.

Nope, they discontinued it. You might find the odd one still in stock
at a store somewhere.

ordered and shipped today thanks

> Just the base - IF BAA is out try PBresource.

I have the dr. Who pinball machine and my mini-playfield is not working. It sounds like its trying to move it up whenever i turn on the machine but it does not move. Does anyone know what this problem could be, or what i should check for?