3rd party Activation problems

January 4, 2005 11:01:06 PM

I have several 3rd party applications on 650. When I enter the
serial/registration number the application registers and works fine.
However, after a hotsync the apps all revert to demo/trial apps and require
the input of the reg#.

I was told to set my hotsync to handheld overwrites desktop default as third
party apps store their settings numbers in prefrence files on the handheld.
If the hot sync settings are set to override these prefrences each sync,this
means the application cannot " remember" the activation code.

I set my hotsync to handheld overrides desktop and the activation codes
still have to be re-entered after a hotsync.

Would appreciate any suggestions.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:02:29 AM

Norm wrote:
> I have several 3rd party applications on 650. When I enter the
> serial/registration number the application registers and works fine.
> However, after a hotsync the apps all revert to demo/trial apps and require
> the input of the reg#.
>
> I was told to set my hotsync to handheld overwrites desktop default as third
> party apps store their settings numbers in prefrence files on the handheld.
> If the hot sync settings are set to override these prefrences each sync,this
> means the application cannot " remember" the activation code.
>
> I set my hotsync to handheld overrides desktop and the activation codes
> still have to be re-entered after a hotsync.
>
> Would appreciate any suggestions.

I've experienced this same symptom with a 3rd party expense application.
Works fine when stored in handheld memory but looses its registration
if executed of the SD. I have a Zire 71. Your 650 uses different
memory technology and that may be the source of your problem.

--
George Fragos
_______________

In article <6CCCd.355$v76.87@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
ntaer@earthlink.net says...

> I have several 3rd party applications on 650. When I enter the
> serial/registration number the application registers and works fine.
> However, after a hotsync the apps all revert to demo/trial apps and require
> the input of the reg#.
>
> I was told to set my hotsync to handheld overwrites desktop default as third
> party apps store their settings numbers in prefrence files on the handheld.
> If the hot sync settings are set to override these prefrences each sync,this
> means the application cannot " remember" the activation code.
>
> I set my hotsync to handheld overrides desktop and the activation codes
> still have to be re-entered after a hotsync.
>
> Would appreciate any suggestions.

It is the system conduit that must be set to handheld overwrites
desktop.

--
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger