Price information needed - 1969 Chicago Coin Raceway

xlr8

I found a Raceway game in very nice shape. I approached the owner about
buying it. He said he'd sell it but could not give me a number. He
suggested I check around to try to find some prices. I don't even know
where to look.

This is not a pinball game and it's not really a video game either.
Anyone have some realistic numbers? I want to offer a fair price but at the
same time I don't want to over pay. Any help would be great!!

Have a good day,

Jim

The mechanical driving game right ?
The pop up often on Ebay. I've seen them go for less than $300.

Marcel

Speedway, not Raceway, right? Up to $500 if it's really nice and you're in
California -- otherwise $200 to $300 assuming it's all there and sort of
working, or less depending...

Randy

"xlr8" <xlr8@enter.net> wrote in message
>I found a Raceway game in very nice shape. I approached the owner about
>buying it. He said he'd sell it but could not give me a number. He
>suggested I check around to try to find some prices. I don't even know
>where to look.
>
> This is not a pinball game and it's not really a video game either.
> Anyone have some realistic numbers? I want to offer a fair price but at
> the same time I don't want to over pay. Any help would be great!!
>
> Have a good day,
>
> Jim

xlr8

You're right, it IS Speedway.... Opps!! This game is fully working and
is in VERY nice condition. I was thinking it was worth a bit more than
that. Like I said, I want to make him a fair offer where neither one of us
walks away feeling like we got screwed. As always here on RGP, thanks for
the help...

Have a good day,

Jim

"Randy P." <pinball@REMOVEthepecks.com> wrote in message
> Speedway, not Raceway, right? Up to $500 if it's really nice and you're
> in California -- otherwise $200 to $300 assuming it's all there and sort
> of working, or less depending...
>
> Randy
>
> "xlr8" <xlr8@enter.net> wrote in message
>>I found a Raceway game in very nice shape. I approached the owner about
>>buying it. He said he'd sell it but could not give me a number. He
>>suggested I check around to try to find some prices. I don't even know
>>where to look.
>>
>> This is not a pinball game and it's not really a video game either.
>> Anyone have some realistic numbers? I want to offer a fair price but at
>> the same time I don't want to over pay. Any help would be great!!
>>
>> Have a good day,
>>
>> Jim

It it's a very nice example, it *would* be worth more than $500 to me
personally -- but I haven't seen them sell for that. If you're feeling
generous, I'd go $800 but I think he'd have a hard time selling it elsewhere
for that (unless he sold it to me) ;-) The trouble is, it's a big game and
I don't think the play-value:space-required ratio is very high.

That said, I have one and I'd buy an upgrade if a nicer one came along ...
;-)

Good luck, Jim!