Could someone give me any heads up , trick\tips regarding dual-screen?

for starters, dual screen is easiest to use when both monitors are of the same size (and preferably model) and also the same resolution. nvidia nview (and the ati counterpart) drivers make dualscreen easy to set up. in this case you will want to set one monitor as #1 and the other as #2 (normally left to right). for the second monitor you will want to check extend my desktop onto this monitor.

you can run both in portrait mode (vertical) or landscape mode (horizontal) depending upon your needs. you could also stack one monitor on top of the other using a monitor stand if this suits your needs.

---

if you plan on running two monitors of different size for use in a presentation setting or you intend on using one monitor or the other then you might want to use the copy my windows desktop to this monitor function. for example if you have a 20" monitor and a 50" tv or projector you could make both video feeds the same.

---

if you plan on gaming with dual screen monitors beware. fps games are not set up for dual screening as the aiming reticle (crosshair) will be divided between the far right and far left edges of the monitors if set up in a horizontal arrangement (the bezels in the center will be annoying).

if you plan on running a game on one side and applications on the other this does not apply. you will need to use windowed mode on the game and stretch it to fit if you want to actively swap between windows. fullscreen mode on a game locks out the ability to swap monitors without pressing the windows key or alt+tab to swap applications. a top and bottom arrangement would be similar.

some strategy games take advantage of dual screens (such as supreme commander) and some games such as mmo games benefit from gaming on one screen with a guide or applications on the other.

---

also, i would suggest getting either a double width mousepad (not two mouspads side by side) if you want to keep current mouse-to-screen movement ratios the same or setting up your mouse speed so that full left to full right on the mousepad equals full left to full right on the screen. keep in mind that the latter will reduce overall mouse accuracy a bit but will require less motion. your choice.

Justhavocman

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Hey there and thanks for taking time to answer my question :D

First off , i will be streaming some games in a small period of time , what im having in mind of doing is , have a 32" FULL HD tv as a primary monitor , where i will be playing my games , enjoying my videos etc etc , and having my current 24" pc monitor as a secondary monitor where i will keep track of all my social apps , like facebook , twitter , twitchtv chat and so on , i've seen countless streamers do the same thing , and i dont think they share the two monitors.

are both the same resolution (1920x1080)? i would suggest this as should you have any problems you will not have any "no signal" errors like i encountered in the past (40" 1920x1080 tv, 20" 1600x1200 monitor).

of course you can use a large screen and a small screen in extend mode. due to the distance and size difference things look rather strange and it takes getting used to but it does work.

Justhavocman

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

yeah , both have the same resolution :) , i've just seen quite a lot of streamers using this set-up and i thought : what the hell , why not try it out? :)