Cooler Problem

hello all,

I've just bought a Thermal Take Silent Tower cooler to find out that it does not cover my AMD cpu completely. Around 2 mm stays outside the base.

I have a MSI K8N SLI main board, and comparing the pictures I can see that this board has the raised part of the cpu socket next to the memory banks (parallel to them). On the picture however, the cooler is installed in a socket whose raised part is in the opposite side.

Does it means Thermaltake is not really compatible with all 939 socket main boards ? Or are these 2mm of no importance ?

Thanks for the help.

wpr.
5 answers Last reply
More about cooler problem
  1. Is it designed to fit on 939 chips?

My watercooled 939 has a waterblock which leaves around 3mm each side (top n bottom)

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"
  4. And if that doesn't work, then you can use <A HREF="http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=90530-000000927-E3-28SM" target="_new">this</A> to tweak it a little.

Read More

CPUs Cooling Socket