Pics and blog of restored 1975 El Dorado

MikeO

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2004

Nice job.

What is it with this game? This is the second restoration that has
been posted in the last few months that included playfield repainting
and clearing of an El Dorado. I think it shows the combination of
sentimental value as well as enduring game play that this game holds.

While I don't have the skills or patience to repaint and clear a
playfield in this manner to restore it, I do appreciate the length that
was gone to to have an El Dorado in this condition. I, myself, have
been through four El Dorados to get the superior example that resides
in my collection today.

Congratulations on obtaining and saving this great game.

Mike O.

BillB

great work!!

how did you get the colors to match, mix paint yourself?

--
billb
"Brad and Pam" <bradandpam@internode.on.net> wrote in message
> This is just a quick blog with some pics of the playfield restoration.
> Enjoy.
>
> http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/restore/eldorado.html
>

> If there are any probs with the web page let me know. I punched it out
> pretty quick. Seems to load OK.

That playfield looks incredible. You did an excellent job of color
matching, nice work!

Mike Doyle

Looks great! Did you spray or brush the urethane on? What product did
you use?

Brad and Pam wrote:
> This is just a quick blog with some pics of the playfield restoration.
> Enjoy.
>
> http://www.users.on.net/~bradandpam/restore/eldorado.html
>

> If there are any probs with the web page let me know. I punched it out
> pretty quick. Seems to load OK.

Further details for those who were asking..

LOCATION: Adelaide, South Australia
RESTORED: Playfield (all other parts in good condition)
COMPLETED: September 2005
CLEAR COAT: Solver brand "Polyaqua Interior Clear Gloss" (acrylic urethane -
no linseed oil etc)
APPLICATION: Spray gun with urethane diluted by 10% water to aid application
(per instructions)
PAINTS: Jo Sonja brand artists acrylics - most mixed by hand based on their
color charts and card guides
FINISH: Hand sanded to 2000 grit wet&dry. Novus#2 and finished with "Mothers
brand Plastic Car Polish" for a high gloss.
TIME: Estimated at about 50 hours